Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2007, 08:04 PM

Default Boozer Exposed

[ QUOTE ]
SA putting on a clinic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you said this was gonna be a competitive series? Thanks for nothing man.

Boozer - he's got a really similar game to Brand who I watch game in and game out (Boozer's a better rebounder, worse shot-blocker, better passer, slightly more limited offensive arsneal overall I'd say, but otherwise v. close).

The problem with undersized power forwards is they really struggle with big frontcourts. Not merely neutralized (and yeah I guess "they'll still find a way to get their 20/10") they just have no chance of dominating a game (which I think Boozer needs to do for Utah to have a chance, unless Deron does what he did at the end of the 4th for a whole game).

The adjustment is a high-screen / side-screen game that keeps Boozer away from the basket (which Sloan did with some impact), but this is obviously not good. Sure, like Brand, Boozer can stick the mid-range jumper, but it kills other facets of their game.

Just speaking from the experience of watching Brand alot.

Spurs in 3.

-Al
Old 05-20-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Boozer Exposed

Boozer similar to Brand? Um, Brand in the post is way, way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Boozer, and it's not remotely close. Brand is also disgusting to play when he faces up versus you.

Boozer isn't really that strong in the post. He's stronger on the pick and roll I'd say -- his jumper extends farther -- but that's it. I definitely wouldn't call him a better passer, and would instead say the reason he gets more assists is Utah's passer-friendly system. (Remember Raul Lopez averaging 7+ assists when he was starting a few years back? Carlos Arroyo's 6+? Come on now.)
Old 05-20-2007, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, Brand in the post is way, way, way, waaaaaaaaaaaaay better than Boozer, and it's not remotely close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you serious? Boozer in the low post has been an absolute monster from what I've seen this playoffs. I don't watch Utah alot during the regular season fwiw.

Trust me - I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Brand and think he is an overall better player (and also mentioned he has more of an overall offensive arsenal than Boozer), but Boozer on the block is really good (when it's not San Antonio haha).

[ QUOTE ]
Brand is also disgusting to play when he faces up versus you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brand is quicker and a much better ball-handler, so yeah, this is part of where Brand is an overall more complete offensive player.

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely wouldn't call him a better passer

[/ QUOTE ]

Sloan runs a very pretty offense and Dunleavy runs, well, he doesn't really run a coherent offense. So I hear you. But Brand is a weak passer (maybe weakest part of his game), it's less that Boozer is really awesome like Duncan or something.

-Al
Old 05-20-2007, 08:42 PM

I just said I thought the line was out of whack relative to the Detroit line. I do think there was a little value on Utah at +425, and I bet on them there.

Utah is resillient. I wouldn't write them off yet.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:45 PM

Clark - oh ok. Yeah Utah is resilient I agree and I like their team but if by "writing them off" you mean "don't think they have a chance to win this series" then yeah, I've written them off.

-Al
Old 06-01-2007, 10:10 AM

Default Re: NBA Playoffs Thread

Damnit, Steve Kerr is going to be the Suns GM next year. I'm gonna miss him on TNT. Doug Collins sucks.
Old 06-01-2007, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Damnit, Steve Kerr is going to be the Suns GM next year. I'm gonna miss him on TNT. Doug Collins sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, mixed feelings here. [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Kerr! Hate Collins
Old 06-01-2007, 10:30 AM

Hey Flip, how 'bout a double team???

Was anyone else yelling this at the screen?
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 AM

Anyone see that exchange on the postgame?

Ernie: In fact, this was Cleveland's first ever game in June.

Chuck: We know, that's why the clock didn't work.