FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2007, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Sniper\'s Unofficial 2+2 Post Count Analysis - Mar \'07

Sniper,

are you bitter?
Old 04-01-2007, 04:09 PM

Sniper,

Congratulations on increasing the number of posts in the Lounge. EDF is about quality, not quantity, so you won't be seeing things like daily TV guide listings being posted to increase traffic there. Instead the focus will remain on quality discussion and interesting topics.

The thing is, it's not a competition. If I were competing against other forums for traffic, I would create POG threads and other stuff to generate traffic. But I'm not. So I post threads like this one in OOT where it got over 100 responses, because that was the best place to post it.

It's amazing that you still just don't get it.
Old 04-01-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper,

Congratulations on increasing the number of posts in the Lounge. EDF is about quality, not quantity, so you won't be seeing things like daily TV guide listings being posted to increase traffic there. Instead the focus will remain on quality discussion and interesting topics.

The thing is, it's not a competition. If I were competing against other forums for traffic, I would create POG threads and other stuff to generate traffic. But I'm not. So I post threads like this one in OOT where it got over 100 responses, because that was the best place to post it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd also be interested to know if there's some way to track views versus just posts. For example, I read the El Diablo forum nearly every day, I just rarely post in it. (No reason to add clutter unless I have something really interesting to say). I'd be interested in knowing how many "hits" the various forums get on average.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd also be interested to know if there's some way to track views versus just posts. For example, I read the El Diablo forum nearly every day, I just rarely post in it. (No reason to add clutter unless I have something really interesting to say). I'd be interested in knowing how many "hits" the various forums get on average.

[/ QUOTE ]

jman, I agree, I'm working on a good way to do this unofficially.

It would be great if we could get actual Google Analytics data for hits to each forum, though.

With a rough average of 0.5 posts/reader/day, we've got quite a lot of silent readers out there.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I don't think the TV thread itself has had much direct impact on TLDR posting, though there has been indirect impact.

The TV thread serves 2 primary purposes:
1. To encourage more in depth discussion of TV in TLDR.
2. To organize and track the various TV threads across various forums on 2+2.

To that end, I highly encourage anyone making TV posts in other forums to post a link in the TLDR TV thread. I try to do it for many of the popular shows that get interesting threads in OOT, but I don't catch them all.

There has been prior discussion about adding a TV/Movies forum to 2+2. That threads serves to help track the viability of such a forum from the TV perspective.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you misinterpret, and put too much emphasis on the fact that I mentioned ElD and TLDR in the same line in my monthly comments. I agree that its not a competition, and that wasn't my point. I think I made that clear when I strongly supported the creation of the ElD forum.

I do stand by my comment, that you have work to do to make the ElD forum the best it can be.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe you can clarify what it is that I still don't get?
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sniper,

are you bitter?

[/ QUOTE ]

I will confirm that diebitter is not one of my mod gimmick accounts...