Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-31-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: CA Online Poker Initiative!!

i'm in chula vista, you got my vote
Old 03-31-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm in chula vista, you got my vote

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know any veterans or teachers, get the word out to them. PM me if any of them want more information or want to help.

The rest of you, hang your star on the WTO or Barney Frank. One or both may prevail one of these days.

Tuff
Old 03-31-2007, 10:25 AM

I sit in slack jawed amazement that you idiots are so intent on having a fish farm handed to you that you would hate on a plan that would provide safe trouble free legal online poker.

You morons have sat in front of your multiple screens autofolding so much you have lost all sense of reality.

NOBODY, gives a flying ufck what you want.

Should this get on the ballot and pass (I think getting on the ballot is the much more difficult part)it will be because it is in the best interests of many many folks who don't know you exist.

I expected some flack from posting this here (sort of a troll post) but I can't believe how utterly stupid some of you are. If I didn't know better, I would thing I was being leveled here. But I do know better, you really are that stupid.

[img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-31-2007, 12:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should this get on the ballot and pass (I think getting on the ballot is the much more difficult part)

[/ QUOTE ]

I want some of that stuff you are smoking.
If this gets on the ballot, you have no idea of the massive storm that is going to blow up, do you?

The religious right and the anti-gamblers just sit around waiting for crap like this. Fueled by the Las Vegas lobby, and even the existing card rooms in your State. Plus you got the Horse Tracks, and the old anti-lottery people hanging around.

The anti-gamblers will be fed so much money from the existing gambling interests (in and out of the State), that OMG! Think of the CHILDREN! One click and lose your house! will be on everyone's lips 24/7.

Your disabled Vets will be trampled underfoot by the hysterical mob of wing-nuts, fueled by the interests who make money on leaving things just the way they are.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:13 PM

I used to say things like "well at least it's something" about things like this. Then I realized that doing things piecemeal does way more harm than good.

This is a terrible proposal if for no other reason than it calls on it to be run by the government. We do not have a more inefficient system in this country than the government. Poker must be privately controlled.

Also, I hope you realize that by making things like HUD and tracker illegal as part of this, you've done something very similar to Bill Frist. You used a popular feeling to further your personal agenda.

HUD and tracker being cheating is an opinion. Putting opinions into law is the slippery slope we are trying to break by overturning the Federal Law.

Your proposition does more harm than good to both poker and the senisbilities of the country.

And beyond your personal crusades, it's just ill-conceived in general. Just a very poorly written version of a bad idea.

KK

P.S. everyone can save their breath if they intend to debate me based on my number of posts, I just ignore idiots.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
... you idiots ...

... You morons ...

[/ QUOTE ]
Let me get this straight: people want to play in a place where it's actually possible to win, so they're idiots & morons? Not to mention that someones view is different than yours so they must be morons? Someone sure sounds like a moron here...

Btw., what's the point in playing when you CAN'T win, even for average players? One of the reasons why poker is as popular as it is is the possibility of winning some money. For example, just look at the whole "poker boom". It all started when people saw on TV that even average John Does can win big. Do you really think people would be as attracted to poker if it wasn't for the money?

I can see your point though, but I think that even the average players want to play in a game where it's possible for them to win.

And a bit about multi-tabling: well I see lot's of recreational players online playing several tables, and they sure aren't grinders (they aren't even breaking even). Most people do get bored playing only 1 table, especially if it's full-ring. (not including those maniacs with 80+ VP$IP [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

P.s.: Do get some manners, please. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-31-2007, 12:40 PM

casual players can't win on the internet, the players are too good and the long run comes too quickly for them. There's no way to protect casual players from going bust online. They need to be naturally gifted or they are done.

It's not like these programs aren't available to everyone. The fact that they don't know about them is irrelevent. It's not an edge to have these programs, it's an edge to be good at poker.

It makes more sense to ban being good at poker, something that not everyone has access to, than it does to ban these programs, something everyone playing online has access to.

KK
Old 04-02-2007, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you turned every pet peeve you've ever had about online poker into a felony.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ an online poker legalization initiative I would actively work against

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 10:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Looks like you turned every pet peeve you've ever had about online poker into a felony.
felony.., I like the sound of that. I look forward to the day some of you wise guys try to beat the system and, not only lose your roll, but get perp walked into the big house...

Also, why start off with such a large rake? The government will do just fine with a reasonable rake....no need to start with $5.75, I wouldn't think.

The reciprocity aggreement will allow players from future HUD-friendly states to play the CA game using HUDs and PokerTracker while players in CA will not be allowed to. It will also permit multitabling by out-of-state players. I recommend you lose those provisions.
not so, if you play at this site, you follow these rules.
Besides, multitablers increase the rake take...limiting this is not in the state's interest.
I truly think you guys are so addicted to grinding, probably because you can't actually play poker, that you are mentally unbalanced. That argument is so bogus. (Rolls eyes and sighs)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
felony.., I like the sound of that. I look forward to the day some of you wise guys try to beat the system and, not only lose your roll, but get perp walked into the big house...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ban OP