Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Companies you hate

[ QUOTE ]
FOX

[/ QUOTE ]
whoa there. it's a love hate relationship. i can't really get mad at the network that brought us married w/children.
however, eff them for the glow puck and fox news.
Old 03-17-2007, 05:05 PM

as someone with a perfect driving record (as in no accidents - ever) i've been jacked by insurance companies for every technicality they can throw at me. age, sex, marrital status, state, where i park my car (i'm for serious). i know i'm subsidizing some sue happy [censored] out there.
Old 03-17-2007, 07:06 PM

Time Warner Cable
SBC (which is really the name of the current compan AT&T)
Relaint Energy (power company in Texas)
Blockbuster (support Netflix)
Old 03-17-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate thetruth.com and all those other anti smoking ads that are incredibly annoying.

[/ QUOTE ]

For a while after I quit smoking, whenever I saw one of those ads my cigarette craving went through the roof. :P
Old 03-17-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[censored] [censored]

[/ QUOTE ]

??

I've had nothing but good experiences at Home Depot. The people that work there have always been helpful. Although, maybe you did work there and have a different perspective.

Walmart is horrible though. Not for their "evil practices", but just from personal experience dealing with their brain dead help. Example:

I bought 4 lawn chairs from them one day, as I'm putting them in my chair I notice that one has a crack in it. So I go straight back to the garden area I bought it at and show them so I can just get a new one. No, they want me to go to the front of the store and go through their exchange dept. WTF??? So I finally complained enough that they got a manager who let me just exchange one of the ones they had sitting right there. Way to try and make your customer's buying experience as unpleasant as possible.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As for what walmart does is they hold cities hostage and says if you don't help us pay to build we will move one town over and you won't get any of the sales tax. There for forcing the city to allow and help them build in there city.

[/ QUOTE ]
Shouldn't there be some sort of Nash equilibrium solution to this if what you're saying is true?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% true. Happened here in chicago when the city was thinking about making minimum wage for bb stores to like 8-12 dollars an hour or something crazy so they built right across city lines.

[/ QUOTE ]
This didn't really answer my question.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Walmart is horrible though. Not for their "evil practices", but just from personal experience dealing with their brain dead help. Example:

I bought 4 lawn chairs from them one day, as I'm putting them in my chair I notice that one has a crack in it. So I go straight back to the garden area I bought it at and show them so I can just get a new one. No, they want me to go to the front of the store and go through their exchange dept. WTF??? So I finally complained enough that they got a manager who let me just exchange one of the ones they had sitting right there. Way to try and make your customer's buying experience as unpleasant as possible.

[/ QUOTE ]
When you sell stuff for cheap you pay people low wages. When you pay people low wages you attract low quality workers. Low quality workers can't be trusted to make qualitative decisions so you have to make them follow explicit rules. When you decided you wanted the to shop at the cost efficient store you should have expected employees that fit the bill.
Old 03-17-2007, 10:39 PM

partygaming
Old 03-17-2007, 10:43 PM

1and1 web hosting/domain registrar.
Old 03-17-2007, 11:00 PM

Wow, how many pages and no mention of Neteller?