Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2007, 02:45 PM

Default Re: 500k VPP mark reached

I love how everytime someone makes a great accomplishment desdia tries to come in here and argue about something he knows nothing about. Why do you guys even bother to argue with him thats all he wants. Congrats tho btw bigjoe.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:48 PM

spacegravy,

that's not the case. everytime someone makes an accomplishment desdia comes in to argue that it's much more impressive to be a winning $5NL player, and that real poker players play cash because SNGs are dumb, or something like that.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
spacegravy,

that's not the case. everytime someone makes an accomplishment desdia comes in to argue that it's much more impressive to be a winning $5NL player, and that real poker players play cash because SNGs are dumb, or something like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, citanul, you think it's more impressive to be a winning $5NL player. I've never compared the two. Real players and better players do play cash and SNGs are not dumb (I still play them from time to time). I just think labeling someone top 10 in the world playing SNGs when their either hugely negative or barely winning on PS (as opposed to other sites) is lame. I've always felt this way.
Old 03-17-2007, 03:29 PM

I will play you HU on any amount of tables you want at any buy in you want. As long as its at least 25-50 (I dont want to waste my time). How about we 4 table. One HU 5k sng, One 25-50 PLO table, one 25-50 NL holdem, and one game of your choice? thoughts...
Old 03-17-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will play you HU on any amount of tables you want at any buy in you want. As long as its at least 25-50 (I dont want to waste my time). How about we 4 table. One HU 5k sng, One 25-50 PLO table, one 25-50 NL holdem, and one game of your choice? thoughts...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very dumb, those are my thoughts. You have nothing to prove to me, nor do you need my stamp of approval. There are plenty of folks around here to carry your jockstrap; I've never been one of them. BTW, I doubt very seriously you'll get close to getting three Astons and you're gonna damn near pop out your eyeballs just trying to get one. GL though, I'll still think it's a ripoff that's not even worth it.
Old 03-17-2007, 04:28 PM

joe,
ill carry your jockstrap
that is all

snootchie bootchies
Old 03-17-2007, 08:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's very dumb, those are my thoughts. You have nothing to prove to me, nor do you need my stamp of approval. There are plenty of folks around here to carry your jockstrap; I've never been one of them. BTW, I doubt very seriously you'll get close to getting three Astons and you're gonna damn near pop out your eyeballs just trying to get one. GL though, I'll still think it's a ripoff that's not even worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's do a quick lesson in basic mathematics:

Joe = Supernova
Supernova = 3.5 FPP per 1 VPP
Joe has 500,000 VPP this year
500,000 VPP = 1,750,000 VPP

At his current rate, he'll hit Elite by midyear (a little sooner, but we'll keep the math simple).

So by end of June, he'll have 3.5 million fpp.

Then he is elite and gets 5 fpp per 1 vpp, meaning that the same pace would net him 5 million fpp for the second half of the year.

3.5 million plus 5.0 million = 8.5 million = Porcsche + Aston Martin
Old 03-17-2007, 02:48 PM

They might as well named it Bigjoenova instead of elitenova because he's the only one they made it for.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:51 PM

I am currently lobbying stars to create another VIP elite rank called BigjoeNova that takes 2million VPPs a year to achieve.
Old 03-17-2007, 02:57 PM

LOL