Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 03:42 PM

Default Re: 10/15 NL- opinions on this laydown.....

[ QUOTE ]
Very fast on the flop- maybe. Very fast on the turn- definitely. I'm fully admitting that I played this hand wrong on at least one street, and possibly two.

The point of me posting this (and I don't post often) was to find out how many guys out there actually play according to their reads sometimes even if the odds dictate to play otherwise. Apparently not many. Do I play every hand I flop big like this? Of course not, but in this situation I give his hand two possibilites and my hand didn't beat either one of them.

Lee

[/ QUOTE ]

The best read based laydown i ever made was TT on a flop of K45 where i bluff raised the bettor and then caught a T on the turn and got check raised. Saved a cool 1k on that hand, folded my hand face up and he goes "how can you fold that?!?" and proceeds to table KK.

However, i had played 50 hours of live poker with this guy over the last 5 days and we were both on the tail end of a 24 hour stretch and both about 600BB's deep. I have never before and since had such a strong read on a player as with this guy. It was weird that I was 100% sure about what he had based on his oversized pfr, weak flop lead and turn cr (i had NEVER seen him check-raise the turn without the nuts). He was robotically predictable, especially with stacks this deep.

Obviously the read needed to fold here was exceptionally strong. I will probably never fold middle set on a dry board again, unless some weirdo situation like that comes up again.

What i am trying to say is, its all well and good to fold a very strong non-nut hand, but from the looks of your post your read on this guy was not even close to being strong enough to make this fol imo.