Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-10-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Razz past and present

[ QUOTE ]
Since I've been given the opportunity to reread this thread, I'll just make a couple of points. First, I find it extremely unlikely that someone who was killing a $15/30 razz game with a $1 ante back in the day would suddenly become a losing player in a game with a $3 ante.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I also would go as far as to say that some people though they were winning players, but in reality were not. Now that I live in Vegas I have come across countless oldtimers from the 70's who tell stories about how they were the best xxxx player around, then when I sit down with them to play they are usually the reason the game is good.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, when *TT* says that the difference in ante structures might make a 5% difference in what hands you play, I believe that that's the difference between playing, say, 20% and 21% of your hands, not 20% and 25% (1% is 5% of 20%). It's not a huge adjustment.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clarifying that Andy, your correct once again. I didn't realize my statement might bring confusion. I'd also add the vast majority of the difference takes place while attempting to steal the antes.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]