Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Stars 2nd Chance, Wee JJ

I think I fold because he made a small raise. If he made a big 3bet i call/shove.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I guess in this spot then, i'd OPR the player and fold to a losing player and push over a winning. Its about the only peice of tie breaking evidence i can come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's necessarily that cut and dry, but I think you might have that backwards, Bond. Do you really think a thinking player is squeezing here less often than a non-thinking player? A loser isn't raising like this without a monster IMO.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I guess in this spot then, i'd OPR the player and fold to a losing player and push over a winning. Its about the only peice of tie breaking evidence i can come up with.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think it's necessarily that cut and dry, but I think you might have that backwards, Bond. Do you really think a thinking player is squeezing here less often than a non-thinking player? A loser isn't raising like this without a monster IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it more likely that a bad player over values his hand than a good player tries to squeeze an UTG+1 raiser.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I find it more likely that a bad player over values his hand than a good player tries to squeeze an UTG+1 raiser.

[/ QUOTE ]

I might be tipping my hand here some, but I've posted this in enough other threads already so I guess I'll continue to preach it.

I am not afraid of squeezing UTG and UTG+1, and the fact that you guys don't think people do it only reinforces my position that it's a good play.

Now I'm most likely in the minority on this one, but I think it's a great play and definitely deserves more consideration.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:57 AM

I'm not saying its not a good play, but i am saying its a very rare one.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:59 AM

I need something like 41-42% equity.

equity win tie pots won pots tied
Hand 0: 59.831% 58.37% 01.46% 227870622 5712978.00 { JJ+, TdTh, TdTs, ThTs, AKs, AKo }
Hand 1: 40.169% 38.71% 01.46% 151108734 5712978.00 { JJ }
Old 03-08-2007, 01:31 AM

I agree w/ bond. AKo is pretty much same. AKs is a call.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:44 AM

you definitely have to add 99 to his range, especially with an unknown, and with 99 it's a shove from me.

While I mainly play low limit tournies, I've been in this exact spot and 3-bet with 77+ here, and like war said I love to squeeze both UTGs with medium-high pps because it's almost always read as a monster and you can get some strong hands that demolish you to lay down here a great % of the time.