Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2007, 01:12 PM

Default Re: 10/20 Flush on turn 300BB Deep

[ QUOTE ]
Looks a pretty simple fold to me. What do you expect him to show you here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree considering the line we took. hero's line reps hands much weaker than what hero's holding on the river and i can see villain turning a lot of hands we beat into a bluff considering stack sizes. i can also see villain pushing a flopped set for value here against AA-QQ, which is what it looks like hero has.

with the price we're getting i don't see how you can fold. plus, villain's line looks more like a flopped set/2 pair than a fd.
Old 02-06-2007, 01:59 PM

This doesn't look like a flopped set at all. He waits for the flush draw to hit before value checkraising his set?

Hero has played well and is not representing AA-QQ. He is representing a wide range from air to thin value bets to straight to flushes. Without knowing something significant about the history, it would be terrible for villain to valuepush this river with a set as he will rarely be called by worse.

Villain turning a made hand into a bluff is alot more likely than valuepushing a non-flush hand, IMO. However i'd have to know alot more about villain to make this call - I would definitely recommend a fold against your average opponent.
Old 02-06-2007, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks a pretty simple fold to me. What do you expect him to show you here?

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree considering the line we took. hero's line reps hands much weaker than what hero's holding on the river and i can see villain turning a lot of hands we beat into a bluff considering stack sizes. i can also see villain pushing a flopped set for value here against AA-QQ, which is what it looks like hero has.

with the price we're getting i don't see how you can fold. plus, villain's line looks more like a flopped set/2 pair than a fd.

[/ QUOTE ]

there's no way villain slow plays a flopped set on this board this deep all the way to the river and then raises when the flush gets there

that would probably be the worst set line i've ever seen