Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Re: Things parents told you that never happened

[ QUOTE ]
When my dog/cat/other pet died my parents always used to say they went to a farm.. I assume this is pretty standard

Related Story:
I was out for dinner with friends and we were all telling stories and one of the guys told a story about his old dog and how his parents gave it to a family with a farm. Everyone at the table looked at him and his face dropped, so he immediately called his mum who broke the news to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i was 4 we moved from CA to WI and our dog didnt come with, but our cat did. I was told that there wasn't room on the plane for the dog so we gave it to another family. I never even thought to question this and somehow it was brought up like a year or two ago (im 22) and my mom was kind of shocked I never figured out that our dog had died.
Old 01-31-2007, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
That my brothers nose would never stop bleeding

[/ QUOTE ]

Aw man that's rough (I'm assuming you hit him?). That [censored] would tear me up with guilt, which is much worse than being hit in the nose. I'd probably feel really hurt for this, although of course the relief when it turns out not to be true would make me feel really great.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In like third grade, when learning cursive, i was always told that high school teachers wouldn't accept work unless it was done in cursive. Besides my signature, no cursive since probably 6th grade.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too... and I still can'r write anything (legibly) in script; including my name.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:57 AM

My dad a few times threatened to disown me during arguments, and not pay for my college tuition after high school. But, we're all cool now, and I will pay him back someday.

He also suggested to me once that I should get circumcized when I grow up (I was 11 at the time). WTF?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:10 AM

My dad told me that the safest person in the car, in the event of a head on collision is the person without a seatbelt on. I was 7 at the time........and I beleived him.