Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: How have you taken advantage of being a poker pro?

I would say the best part of all this so far is making my own hours. Whenever friends want to go do something, I don't have to tell anyone that i need time off or anything. On a whim two months ago, my two good friends and I took off to stay at a friends place in Lake Tahoe. We ended up staying for 3 weeks and it easily was the best vacation of my life, and I've been to some nice places (with my family) like Atlantis, India many times, Hawaii, among others.

While I haven't yet made enough money where I can just do whatever I want, just having the freedom to do whatever I want is huge to me.

-nation
Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 PM

When I was a full-time player, I would valet my car wherever I went. That was sweet.

DN
Old 01-29-2007, 11:01 PM

It has given me the chance to own a home at a young age as well given me the time to take on more profitable projects I couldn't have with a normal full time job.

I've used my poker money to buy land and a build a home to sell and I am about to start on a 2nd home.

I feel I can take more business risks since I have some financial stability.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:10 PM

I used small stakes grinding to pay my costs of living while in law school. I didn't have to get a part time job for the first time in my life. Unfortunately, I also used my profits from poker to never have to prepare my own food, which caused me to gain about 20 pounds in law school. After i graduated law school I spent a tough 6 months losing that 20 pounds. In short: poker made me fat. I also wasted so much money on eating out its ridiculous, I probably would have a much nicer car right now, or a nicer apartment, if only I hadn't spent all my disposable income on food. Oh well.