Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: Who is most responsible for the demise of online poker?

online poker is fine and will remain profitable for me at least.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:22 PM

i blame jesus (not the poker player).
Old 01-20-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
online poker is fine and will remain profitable for me at least.

[/ QUOTE ]

Braggart! Go post this in BBV!
Old 01-20-2007, 12:35 PM

lol what demise?

I can assure you the world over outside USA it's very healthy - so if you feel online poker is dying in the USA then the only one that makes any sense is the UIGE act killing off the US fish.

I would say Cardrunners has made far more of an impact of the style of play at 6 max NL tables than Sklansky/Miller ever did btw..

The medium sized sites I play my 6 max on don't tend to have hud-bots (by which it I take it you mean decent 8-12 tablers) or real bots so they are irelevant to me.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:39 PM

Doyle,

Maybe it's because you notoriously champion against the use of tools used for online poker, but I just don't understand why you're trying to shift attention towards that atm.

Maybe I'm missing your point, I don't know. But give me a break, of course it's 100% due to government restrictions and the decisions made in lieu by foreign online gaming entities. I don't understand how you could possibly think any differently.

Regards.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Another example of Americans thinking they are the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to Americans you are on the internets.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Another example of Americans thinking they are the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks to Americans you are on the internets.

[/ QUOTE ]

True (afawk), but it wouldn't have been hard to figure out. In either case, the rest of advanced/idustrial nations are way beyond us at this point converting to fiber optics (from copper wire). So, w/e.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:51 PM

'[(Non-US but obv the US market is important to online poker as a whole)'

Actually you end up with a de facto segregated world market for poker if the US fish die off. The proportion of good players on the US-open sites increase as the US fish give up trying to jump thru the funding hurdles. The good US players including the Multi-tabling grinders using HUDS concentrate on the few US sites left enough to 'fish'. Those sites get tougher and tougher.

Why on earth would any non-US player (good or bad) choose to play on the sites that accept US players? Sure stars has some advertising going on,but here in Europe it's far less well known than Party of any of the big bookies like Will Hill or Ladbrokes.

You are looking at the de facto segregation of the US and non-US poker markets, and by definition what happens thereafter to the American market becomes less and less relevant to online poker in the rest of the world..

Old 01-20-2007, 12:53 PM

I blame the players themselves. Most of the things you list would have been taken care of had online poker players demanded them:

- Demanding that our political representatives legalize online poker in order to regulate and tax it, encouraging the major international gaming corporations to enter the market and provide a better product and be more responsive to the consumer.
- Demanding that the existing online poker sites be more active to counter cheating.
- Demanding that the existing online poker sites protect the casual player by restricting datamining - no data mining through table observation, tougher enforcement of bans on supporting programs, lower limitis on multitabling.

But online poker players were too caught up in the gold rush and didn't care sufficiently about these issues, and we got what we deserve.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Doyle,

Maybe it's because you notoriously champion against the use of tools used for online poker, but I just don't understand why you're trying to shift attention towards that atm.

Maybe I'm missing your point, I don't know. But give me a break, of course it's 100% due to government restrictions and the decisions made in lieu by foreign online gaming entities. I don't understand how you could possibly think any differently.

Regards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey JR,

I don't even know if I have a point. I just started this poll as a whim and a little diversion to all the doom & gloom.

I wish I had worded the poll as such:

What/Who will eventually cause the demise of online poker as we know and love it?