Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: Low end Supernovas looked over by new VIP program.

You know would motivate me to play at Stars more? If all these 8-tabling nits that never give any action and want Stars to buy them tourney entries because they're too nitty and cheap to spend their own money weren't on the site so much. Seriously, you can make way, way more just playing in good games then you ever will from incentive programs.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If you're that concerned about an increase in RB benefits, there are better sites to play at where you get better than 50% without having to reach ANY milestones.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not any more!!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-02-2007, 09:38 AM

AP is still better than 50%rb, even for small stakes full ring.
Old 01-02-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree with Odoyle...I think they have great CS and a good VIP program.....I emailed them yesterday with the same suggestion. Personally I am not motivated to play past Supernova status, as I wont make elite. The 1200 bonus for 200K vpps isnt motivating enough for me. I would definitely give 100% of my play to stars if there was incentive for a reduced rate on using fpps for live mtts.
If you feel that you would play more on stars with that benefit, email them and let them know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey luna,

I was bummed about this, (and still holding out a little hope for a change) but the more I look at the bonuses since they are cumulative, the more I start to like it.

For someone that hits 500k VPPs that is already SN, it would mean they would have enough FPPs to purchase two major events (WSOP & PCA) and claim all the bonuses for a net $ 10,200.

I would tend to think that 500k VPPS would be doable for many on this forum.

So to sum up, if you spend all your FPPs on two free major poker tourney entries and the $ 10,200 in net cash bonuses, I now think that is a pretty incredible incentive to hit the 500k VPP level.

A little less than 2 years ago, people would have told you were crazy if you thought a poker site would ever offer such an incentive for that amount of play.

I still wish that they would give you the option to even trade the bounses for tourney credit without spending your FPPs, but that 500k VPP level is starting to look very tempting...
Old 01-02-2007, 05:12 PM

I think the bonuses are a step in the right direction. Personally I could do away with the freerolls and allow them to use that money in other ways, but we had a massive thread about that already.

I actually questioned why there wasnt a discount to use fpps for live events last year. I really think its in their best interest to have players spend their fpps on WPT and EPT etc vs anything else we could spend our money on.

Stars would get players to wear t-shirts etc and be able to tell their friends they went on a great trip just by playing at Pokerstars.

I appreciate that they are trying to make improvements and yes two years ago we wouldnt believe they were doing this, but the poker landscape is different now.

I just think that if a supernova isnt going to get at least 300vpps the value isnt that with the new milestones. I just think it was a valid suggestion, because the cost of getting a supernova to double the number of hands they play must cost them less than attracting a new supernova.

I'll decide in 3 months when I hit supernova again if I will continue on Stars or play Absolute/FT for the rest of the year.

I just know that a discount to buy in with fpps to WPT EPT events would definitely give stars all of my play this year. *which I estimate would give them an extra $40K in rake

I know that Stars actually listens to its customers suggestions which is why I emailed them (wether they make this change or not is up to them).
Old 01-02-2007, 05:50 PM

Hey Luna,

I too have been after them for sometime to discount the buy-ins for Super-Novas and I really thought this year might bring it.

I am trying to convince myself that it would be worth it to give this 500k VPP a shot, but it would be a stretch for me. I want to show Stars my appreciation for their program while still lobbying for change.

I still really don't see why they could not have offered up discounted tourney packages in lieu of the bonuses.

This is why I was asking about the "expiration date" of the bonuses in the other thread. If a person could accumulate these bonuses along the way, I don't think it is too unreasonable request to exchange the accumulated bonuses for a discounted tourney buy-in, with the 500K VPP players getting a WSOP ME or PCA totally free in place of the accumulated bonuses.

Yea, and I still think emails to them asking for it could help.
Old 01-02-2007, 07:09 PM

O'Doyle;

Why don't you just get to 500kVPP, accumulate the $14k in bonus money along the way at each level, and buy your way into an event with your 14K?