View Poll Results: Would You Participate in a weekly Prison Break discussion
Yes 21 77.78%
No, I watch the show but wouldnt participate 4 14.81%
No, Don't care! 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2006, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

[ QUOTE ]
Even if you dont know what your playing for untill Jan 3rd, are you really going to migrate to UB or somewhere else... maybe 3 days of FT but thats only cause were psychologically weak. (speaking about players whole play mostly on ps anyhow).

heck even if they said were not announcing the new incentives untill Jan 30th. Id still probably play there as much as i do.

[/ QUOTE ]
So right. I've much more faith in Stars even if they haven't told us then I would in most companies who had told us.

Still be nice to know.

chez
Old 12-29-2006, 10:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how the announcement is related to this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

PokerStars plans to release extra benefits for Supernova players who reach the 200,000, 300,000, 400,000, 500,000 and 750,000 VPP milestones

[/ QUOTE ]

if I'm going to pursue the 200k and 300k stuff in 2007 I'm going to want to have 3.5 FPP's to do it.
If I'm not going to pursue the 200k and 300k stuff then I really don't care if I'm getting 3.5x FPP's.

So they are related.

Also interested in the revamped freeroll structure which could make a slight difference for me too.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:38 PM

I would say that if you are planning to go for supernova status anyways in 2007, then it is worth playing there at the beginning of the year without even knowing what the added benefits are going to be. We already know what the benefits for being supernova are. The added benefits will add something, but if supernova alone is not worth your time then I highly doubt these added benefits are going to be. (I'm not replying to you specifcally Microbob, just talking in general).

With that being said, I too would like to see them reveal the new program sooner rather than later. If the benefits are really that good, then they should release them ASAP to get more people playing at their site more often.

But also remember, what Stars considers "big" to offer to all their players, is not always what an individual player (or 2+2'er) considers to be "big". Maybe my memory is wrong, but I remember them pumping how big their VIP freerolls were going to be around this time last year, and they turned out to be mediocre at best, IMO. Although, I am looking forward to see how they revamp those as well. I look forward to what Stars is going to add, but I am not expecting more than the equivlant of an extra 2-3% rakeback at most. I hope i'm wrong.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:44 PM

All,

Do you think its worth playing at Stars over FTP at this point? FTP gets straight cash for rb, but can i count on stars giving me equivalent rakeback in the form of cash bonuses in the fpp store?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would say that if you are planning to go for supernova status anyways in 2007, then it is worth playing there at the beginning of the year without even knowing what the added benefits are going to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

The difference is if I feel it's worthwhile I'll have a good go at re-qualifying for the basic supernova status by the end of January, I too am reasonably sure that whatever will be announced will be worthwhile, but if I am really to dedicate myself to playing that much - and obviously that involves heavy play right the way though the month but particularly at the start when I have some extra time, I'd like to know what it is I'm doing it for first rather than just "something good"
Old 12-29-2006, 11:16 PM

Sorry for the late launch, the web pages are being finalized and we have a meeting Saturday 9AM to go over the final details.

Below are some details

Supernova Elite 1+ Million VPPs in a calendar year.
400% FPP Bonus
$30,000+ in bonus prizes

500k VPP Reward Bonus is a $5,000 VIP Reward Bonus for 50,000 FPPs

VIP Freerolls
2 Weekly events
$50,000
$20,000 100 FPP buy in
$100,000 Monthly exactly as in 2006

VIP Freerolls are set for the next 3 months and may be modified for the rest of 2007 based on player feedback.

The VIP program is a work in progress, with your help it will improve with every step we take. Thank you for everyone that played with us in 2006, looking forward to working with you in 2007.

Scotty
Old 12-29-2006, 11:19 PM

Loving this thread. Been really educating myself about stars vs FTP and other sites in terms of rakeback. And I believe I came to the conclusion that starting in 2007 I will start logging in HUGE hours to get SN asap because of the 30%+ rakeback benefits. And if I continue to be a winning player, then why not keep on working just as hard for the 200k and 300k SN status... This VIP club is genius, makes us all work really hard to generate rake for stars either to complete SN status before 2007 is up and ALL the grinders like myself ready to fire up all cylinders to get SN status in 2007, it's a win-win.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
if I'm going to pursue the 200k and 300k stuff in 2007 I'm going to want to have 3.5 FPP's to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:23 PM

"500k VPP Reward Bonus is a $5,000 VIP Reward Bonus for 50,000 FPPs"

daaaayyyyyum.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do you think its worth playing at Stars over FTP at this point? FTP gets straight cash for rb, but can i count on stars giving me equivalent rakeback in the form of cash bonuses in the fpp store?

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't this the other way around? FTP doesn't give you straight cash for rb. The affiliates do. But Stars does give it directly to you. So in FTP case you depend on FTP continuing this policy and on your affiliate. In Stars case you depend on Stars alone.