Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2006, 11:59 PM

Default Re: Bodog Software Update

Another bug I've had happen to me at Bodog is when I first sit down and am in the small blind with "auto post blinds" checked, I get dealt into the game as the small blind instead of waiting for the button to pass. Then the next round when I am the button, I post the big blind as if I had just sat down. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-23-2006, 03:51 PM

One more thing, a store to use our points at would be nice.
Old 12-25-2006, 02:29 PM

Have played exclusively at Bodog for the last five weeks or so. Never any problems before or after the update. Love the no PT/nits thing.
Old 12-25-2006, 06:21 PM

Played the 100K last night, no crashes! Good job, thanks.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:39 PM

Crashed on me during a 55 sng, tough luck for me, according to support. I am finished with Bodog for good now.
Old 12-26-2006, 12:57 PM

what pokerrookie is saying is a good reason why I am better than a rep. I too think its ridiculous that happened to you. A rep would eventually just complain to their boss and say "they are so negative and they just abuse me". Which is somewhat true, I have seen site reps start out all gung ho but eventually they back down because they really only relay messages. If a site rep would have read what you said I doubt they would say what I am saying and that is its not acceptable. Period.
Old 12-26-2006, 01:28 PM

Beanie, thanks for your help. Whatever you relationship to Bodog it doesn't really matter to me. I can't understand why it would to any one else either.

Any way, until they get it fixed, perhaps they could just put a warning up. Something like"Unfortunately, if you have 3 tables open at once for over 1 hour the client will begin to crash, please act accordingly."

Once I realized what was happening it was easy to work around. But the first few times it happened I almost left the site for good. The incredibly soft tables were the only thing that kept me there. So please maintain the policies that keep the tables soft.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what pokerrookie is saying is a good reason why I am better than a rep.

[/ QUOTE ]

Better for who? Bodog or us? Who cares about some BD rep who doesn't like the tone or occasional abuse here? It's his job to deal with it, BECAUSE THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT (most always or considered to be even if not), just like in any other business!
Old 12-26-2006, 03:30 PM

BluffTHIS!:

I don't know why you seem to think you can demand Bodog send a representative here. They can do so if they like. However, until then, it's not a choice between Beanie and an official rep, it's a choice between Beanie and nothing. I think many of us find what information he does have useful. You've established his position, now please get over it before you drive him off.
Old 12-26-2006, 03:47 PM

Badugi,

I have said that I accept beanie's motivations as well-intended and know he's trying to help. But the issues I brought up are legitimate. And notice that he has gone beyond just relaying their answers, and now is giving speculative reasons for their actions/non-actions, which don't hold water.

And as far as driving him off, notice how BD benefits by this situation (though not as much if they have a rep here I would contend). They read this forum and address some software issues or other things. beanie relays answers on some questions and they get credit for that. Rightly so. But notice how they are being let off the hook for not answering the questions that are harder and they don't wish to address. Which is what I have criticized Lee Jones on occasion for as well. But when Lee doesn't answer a question, it is blatant he isn't addressing it as he is a rep here.

I believe that as customers of BD, 2+2 collectively deserves more from them than this mostly 1 sided conversation where they only address what they want, and then through an unofficial intermediary whose postings they can easily deny later if it suits them by saying he didn't quite get their position right. And again I am not criticising beanie here (assuming as I do for now that his contention he has no official relationship with them is true).

You or others might find my stance too aggressive versus these sites, and I grant none of them are as bad as party. But the simple fact is we are their customers and they owe us, not the other way around, and even in the post-US legislation market. And I guarantee that some of the very small sites like TruePoker and Cake, etc., that can't seem to reach a critical mass, especially post-ban, would love to have the action we give to other sites and would have someone here every single day in an official capacity to respond to our concerns to get and keep that action.