Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-12-2006, 04:25 PM

Default Re: you\'re all in???

[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you could say the call would be "awful", when you think you have the winner. It's all part of being a good poker player vs a bad one.

The "Awful" decision was the villian moved All-In. That All-In move is the most powerful move you can do next to a 3-4 bet. If you really anaylize the hand, I think he should have called.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I can see where you're coming from, you really think a 33/12/.67 donk is pushing with anything we beat here? It's one thing thinking we have a winner, but it's another when we ignore the obvious signs from an inexperienced player.

I know making big plays in these situations separates the winning player from the Phil Ivey, but this is a bit toooooo textbook for me to gamble on
Old 12-12-2006, 04:26 PM

I wonder how much fv's post affected this thread... anyway, I used up my entire time bank before finally calling. KQ is no good.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:32 PM

Kurosh - I think you got lucky that he was super mega donktarded. V. some who is just a big donk you arent gonna be good often enough to call here.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this guy is just a stndrd reallly bad donk....
obv fold, WTF...

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-12-2006, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Kurosh - I think you got lucky that he was super mega donktarded. V. some who is just a big donk you arent gonna be good often enough to call here.

[/ QUOTE ]

dean's right. in most cases, this guy needs a hand that he would reasonably call flop and turn with to even get to the river to push.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:49 PM

You fellas have a good point here, but, if he's knows the game enough to step into a 3-6 NL game, chances are good he is making a deperation move in knowing the hero is tight andwill lay down. I would do the same thing if I was in the hand.

I'm not trying to sell this you guys, but from my play, alot of bad players make alot of bad aggresive plays. Which usually works, especially the All-In against your normal players. It's more like I lost so much money in there already that the only way I can win is to make a desperation All-In move. You can't win unless you bet model.

But any how, you can always live to die another day! And never under estimate your oponent!
Old 12-12-2006, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dean's right. in most cases, this guy needs a hand that he would reasonably call flop and turn with to even get to the river to push.

[/ QUOTE ]
Also, if he's calling KQ on two streets here I think there is enough profit to be made off of him in other situations to put your money in so slim here.
Old 12-12-2006, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder how much fv's post affected this thread... anyway, I used up my entire time bank before finally calling. KQ is no good.

[/ QUOTE ]

it didnt affect my thoughts all dude lol
Old 12-12-2006, 04:53 PM

sweet brag tho
Old 12-12-2006, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You fellas have a good point here, but, if he's knows the game enough to step into a 3-6 NL game, chances are good he is making a deperation move in knowing the hero is tight andwill lay down. I would do the same thing if I was in the hand.

I'm not trying to sell this you guys, but from my play, alot of bad players make alot of bad aggresive plays. Which usually works, especially the All-In against your normal players. It's more like I lost so much money in there already that the only way I can win is to make a desperation All-In move. You can't win unless you bet model.

But any how, you can always live to die another day! And never under estimate your oponent!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL Who is this guy? In the middle of hell week and this guy brings a smile to my face. You are my hero!!!