Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2006, 12:26 AM

Default Post your \"surebets\"

I liked the threads about husting pool and golf, and I remembered easy bets to win that people readily take. Some examples- two (women's basketballs) fitting inside the hoop, not being able to blow a crumpled piece of paper into a beer bottle, relatively simple pool shots that seem impossible to make.

Post some easy wagers, hustles, bar bets (not elaborate cons). Criteria: Nearly impossible to lose, and often accepted by people.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:28 AM

Default Re: Post your \"surebets\"

"Hey bartender, I bet you fifty bucks I can bite my eye." Bartender looks at the guy and lays fifty bucks on the bar. The drunk pops out his artificial eye and bites it, then takes the fifty bucks. The bartender realizes he should have seen that coming.
"Hey bartender, I bet you fifty bucks I can bite my other eye."
Bartender saw the guy park his car and walk in the bar and thinks to himself that there's no way the guy has two artificial eyes, and accepts the bet.
The drunk takes out his false teeth and bites his other eye and grabs the fifty bucks while chuckling under his breath. The bartender again realizes he should have seen that coming.
The drunk then gets up from the bar and seems to be quite secretive about talking to the other people sitting around at the tables. Once again, the drunk steps up to the bar and says, "Hey, bartender? Do you want a chance to win your $100 back?" Hesitantly, the bartender asks what he has in mind.
"Well, it's like this. I bet you I can get up on one end of the bar and place a shot glass at the other end. I can pee from the end I'm standing on and get it in the shot glass at the other end without spilling one drop."
The bartender looks at the length of the bar and decides that no one could pee that far and accepts the bet. The drunk hops up on the bar and begins to pee. He pees all over the bar not even coming close to the shot glass. The bartender begins to laugh and happily scoops up the $100 quite proud that he has won the bet.
The drunk hops off the bar and smiles at the other people which makes the bartender suspicious so he asks the drunk, "Hey! You come in here and bite your eye and win fifty bucks, then you bite your other eye and win another fifty bucks. Now you knew before you bet me that you couldn't pee the length of this bar. Why are you so happy about losing????"
The drunk says, "Before I bet you about the shot glass, I went around the bar and bet everyone in here $100 that I could get up on your bar and pee all over it..... and you'd be happy about it!"
Old 11-18-2006, 12:35 AM

Nice. Too bad I don't have a false eye.
Old 11-18-2006, 12:36 AM

This is not wexactly hat you're looking for, but I've been looking for an excuse to post this story about a con that worked against the legendary blackjack card counter Ken Uston:

http://www.blackjackforumonline.com/...t/ustonint.htm

Uston:I was playing at the Holiday Inn. I remember driving down the Strip thinking, "Where the hell am I going to play?" I was feeling very paranoid at the time about the fact that I wasn't contributing to the team the way I should be, because of the fact that I couldn't play very many places. Somehow, I sauntered into the Holiday, and I got a game at the single deck table there. You know the one - the one that's colored red instead of green. And, I'm sitting at the table and playing - I don't remember if I was winning or losing but there was this crazy guy at third base, a big fat guy. He's talking and playing, and obviously recognizes me, but the people in the pit don't. At some point he comes over and sits next to me. He flipped a coin and he put it underneath a dollar bill. He said to me if I can guess what it is he'll give me . . . I think $500 - I can't remember the numbers - but if I guess wrong, I give him $100. He's a crazy guy. He just lost about $2000 over the third base. He's a terrible player, just throwing his goddamn money around. And I'm saying to myself, "Here I am playing through all this [censored] it was a full table - waiting through all this [censored], waiting for a 2% edge. And this guy gives me an edge of . . . whatever the figure was. And I looked at him at first and said, "What?" And he meant it. So, I said "Okay, Heads." And I lost and I gave him a hundred bucks. He's a very good con. He does this for a living. His problem is he's an inveterate gambler. He's told me, and I fully believe him, that he's made two or three hundred thousand dollars doing this at various places around - race tracks is one place that he particularly does this.

Anyway, I left the table at that point, really fascinated with this thing. God, what the hell is going on? So we went to the bar and had a drink, then we went back to the Jockey Club. I invited him back. Initially, we were going to go to the Aladdin and have a drink, but at the last minute, I said (snaps fingers), "Let's go to the Jockey Club." That's a significant factor. We walked into the Jockey Club bar, and we're sitting there again, and he's good with the con, saying, "Ken, I don't want to do it again. You're too nice a guy." Naturally, he's sucking me in beautifully. So what he does the next time, he has it where these people sitting around the Jockey Club bar are all my friends. We came at the last minute. There could be nobody there he knew. There couldn't have been any way he knew we were going there. And he says to someone in the bar, "Why don't you flip the coin, and you call it. And if you're right, I'll give Kenny $800. But if you're wrong, Kenny's got to give me $100." And I'm thinking, "This guy's crazy." And I want to get my hundred bucks back. There's some con in me, too, sure. And I go along with it. And I lose. And then he offers me greater odds, to the extent that I finally end up losing just under $10,000 to him. I think it was $9,400.

So, at the very end, to get the nine grand to give him - I mean, it's not a lot of money. We're playing off a $100,000 bank. But, I lose $9,400, and I have to go to my safe deposit box at the front of the Jockey Club to get the money out of my box. Now, get this bit. This is incredible. He says, "I'll tell you what, Kenny. I don't want to take your money. You're too good a guy, really." All the rap, he goes on and on and on and on. And he turns to the clerk at the desk. May God be my witness, all this is totally true. He says to the clerk at the desk, "You flip the coin, and if the bellman calls it right, I'll call off the S9,400. And if he doesn't call it right, Kenny, you pay me $9,400. He's giving me a $9,400 to 0 bet. And I lost. And I gave him the money. I told the team about this, that I lost a total of $9,400. The first thing I did, I ran up to one of our rooms, and I said, "You would not believe I got a 90% edge over this guy!" And I explained what was going on, and they were all very suspicious. I'm saying, "No, you've got to see this!" But what happened was, to make a long story short, we had a meeting to determine whether or not it should come out of the team money, and the net result was that it didn't.

Snyder: That was just the way I heard it. They refused to cover your loss.

Uston: I took a polygraph on it. They were worried about the whole issue, why I'm out there flipping coins, and that the extent of the loss was exactly $9,400. We had a big team meeting, and a discussion, and they said, "No, it can't come out of the team money. It's got to come out of your money."

Snyder: Do you know how the con worked?

Uston: Yes, I met the guy. He came back a little later. He stayed away from me for a while because, he thought, with me being a big gambler and all that, I was going to get the mob after him. But he finally came back about 3 or 4 months later. To that day, 3 or 4 months later, I was convinced I'd had an edge over this man. There was no way - I wasn't flipping the coin, he wasn't flipping the coin, I wasn't calling it, somebody else was . . . Two totally different people! Well, he came back and he explained the way it worked. First of all, he said that he has very quick eyes, and he can flip a coin to land any way he wants - which is totally irrelevant because he wasn't flipping the coin. But because of his ability to see coins, he knew what the coins were when they were flipped by another person. And he said he was uncannily lucky that night. Eight out of ten times he won the bet legitimately. There were a couple times when he didn't, and what he did was somehow talk the person out of it. The way he did it, if this guy said "Heads," he'd say, "You sure you want to make it heads? You don't want to make it tails?" In other words, after the other guy guessed it, he would engage in a little rap for a while, and either he'd talk the person out of it, or increase the odds and have another flip. Somehow, by doing that, and being able to know whether the person was right or wrong, plus having the correct thing going for him 8 out of 10 times anyway, he totally pulled the wool over my eyes. That's how he did it. It's so funny, because later in Atlantic City he lured another team member of mine. I won't tell you his name, but it was December of '79. Anyway, the story's true.
Old 11-18-2006, 03:23 AM

The ending of that coinflip story was the most disappointing thing I have ever read in my life. Shame because the rest of it was the best story I've ever read.
Old 11-18-2006, 04:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The ending of that coinflip story was the most disappointing thing I have ever read in my life. Shame because the rest of it was the best story I've ever read.

[/ QUOTE ]

bahahahhaha exactly

"Son," the old guy says, "I'm sorry that I am not able to bank roll you to a very large start, but not having any potatoes to give you, I am going to stake you to some very valuable advice. One of these days in your travels, a guy is going to come to you and show you a nice, brand new deck of cards in which the seal is not yet broke. This man is going to offer to bet you that he can make the jack of spades jump out of the deck and squirt cider in your ear. Now son, do not bet this man, for as sure as you stand there, you are going to wind up with an earful of cider."
Old 11-18-2006, 05:43 AM

Eating 5 saltine crackers in 2 minutes with nothing to drink = impossible.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought it was 6 in a minute, or 7?
Old 11-18-2006, 05:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will gladly take this bet for any amount of money.
Old 11-18-2006, 05:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I will gladly take this bet for any amount of money.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I was baller enough I would do it.