Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: CCU...gone?

Paid.

Given I expected nothing, getting something was all good.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
*SIGH*

Here is a copy/paste from my end:

Click Time: 2006-09-05 13:22:54
Offer: Sports Interaction
Rate: $XXXXX
SubID: CCU_1164
Credited: [X]
Action: Cancel

The "[X]" in the "Credited" column indicates that the lead has not yet been credited (Approved). In the "Status" column, "Requested" indicates that manual credit has been requested. Perhaps I'm getting jerked around on these last few manual credit requests, however, I assure you I've not yet been credited for your lead. At this point there is nothing we can do but wait...

EDIT: By the way, SIA still has no way of seeing whether or not I've been paid as I have no direct agreement with them. They are talking out of their ______.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that they dont seem to know what they are talking about in relation to this. It does seem though that they are jerking you around with these last few manual requests, and thus jerking me around. Waiting for them to get back to you seems to have done nothing so perhaps contacting your broker again to put the pressure on them again might be more productive.
Old 11-03-2006, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree that they dont seem to know what they are talking about in relation to this. It does seem though that they are jerking you around with these last few manual requests, and thus jerking me around. Waiting for them to get back to you seems to have done nothing so perhaps contacting your broker again to put the pressure on them again might be more productive.

[/ QUOTE ]

My broker, too, has a broker - this is the nature of affiliate marketing. I've spoken to him today, but it's just more of the same. They'll come in...eventually.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is the nature of affiliate marketing

[/ QUOTE ]

This all seems so complicated... just for kicks, can you provide some info on just how many middlemen there are in all of your transactions, and some explanation for why having so many middlemen provides you with the ability to provide better deals than if you went to the sites directly?

I'm sure I'm missing something... and would enjoy increasing my knowledge of how all this works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I get the whole benefit of having an affiliate-subaffiliate relationship, but putting any more in there...
Old 11-03-2006, 08:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This all seems so complicated... just for kicks, can you provide some info on just how many middlemen there are in all of your transactions, and some explanation for why having so many middlemen provides you with the ability to provide better deals than if you went to the sites directly?

I'm sure I'm missing something... and would enjoy increasing my knowledge of how all this works [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I get the whole benefit of having an affiliate-subaffiliate relationship, but putting any more in there...

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, I'm going to say "trade secret." But, generally speaking, "middlemen" are used as a sort of risk management. "Going direct" with an advertiser has it's benefits, but carries with it quite a bit of risk (Think "We don't like the quality of your leads...we're not paying you. Period."). Hope that helps.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

For the most part, I'm going to say "trade secret." But, generally speaking, "middlemen" are used as a sort of risk management. "Going direct" with an advertiser has it's benefits, but carries with it quite a bit of risk (Think "We don't like the quality of your leads...we're not paying you. Period."). Hope that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

So instead, now you have layers and layers of people, any one of whom can withhold payment to you at any time, which you will just nicely pass along to your people, eg, Lucks, and other pending transactions.

Sounds like a bunch of hooey to me.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So instead, now you have layers and layers of people, any one of whom can withhold payment to you at any time, which you will just nicely pass along to your people, eg, Lucks, and other pending transactions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm direct with the 'Lucks...which actually exemplifies perfectly the risk I was talking about.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm direct with the 'Lucks...which actually exemplifies perfectly the risk I was talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

How are those going, btw?

I remain confused about how those work for you...I was "approved" and "processing" for probably about a month before you suggested they were refusing to pay. If "approved" didn't mean you were paid and would be paying me, what did it mean?
Old 11-04-2006, 12:44 PM

I haven't been paid ($250 from SIA) and I sent you a PM a couple days ago that has not been responded to yet.

Once again, I'm DaveyG013 (that's a zero) on your site. Feedback on my status would be great!
Old 11-04-2006, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How are those going, btw?

I remain confused about how those work for you...I was "approved" and "processing" for probably about a month before you suggested they were refusing to pay. If "approved" didn't mean you were paid and would be paying me, what did it mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

almost all affiliate programs for anything pay out one month later. So they will have a system where they pay for all leads accumulated between now and december 4th and then they would pay you for that on january 4th. Just like what CCU does.

When he approves you that means that Starluck said, yup this player signed up under you, and wagered enough money that we agree to pay you.

However if at the end of the month he has racked up $2000 in leads, and all of those players also cashed out a $100 bonus and haven't returned to the site since, then you can imagine why they wouldn't be happy to just pay out that extra $2000 to a person that sent players who cost them an additional $2700.

This is why you don't see Starluck/Planetluck on kickback sites, because it's enivitable the bonus whores will find it, and kill the affiliates deal.