5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $69.35
CO: $46.65
Hero: $57.65
SB: $83.45
BB: $78.20

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.75</font>, CO folds, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">SB raises to $5.5</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($17, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $17</font>, UTG folds, Hero ???
Old 10-26-2006, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Bottom set TT in 3 bet 3 way flop

I 3-bet preflop. As played preflop I'm not so sure. IMO SB range is pretty much QQ+, AK here. You're ahead of AA and AK but I doubt you get a call from AK if you push and AA may fold sometimes too. This is WA/WB and I push or fold, probably fold&gt;push, but I doubt I'd get away from this on the table.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:26 AM

3 betting TT against this particular opponenent is practically suicidal IMO.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:28 AM

The $17 might just be a c-bet. I'd push and pray he's got AA, AK, or JJ.
Old 10-26-2006, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I 3-bet preflop. As played preflop I'm not so sure. IMO SB range is pretty much QQ+, AK here. You're ahead of AA and AK but I doubt you get a call from AK if you push and AA may fold sometimes too. This is WA/WB and I push or fold, probably fold&gt;push, but I doubt I'd get away from this on the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont think you have to three bet here, especially with your read, as played though i think i push but it sucks, and i think that AK will def call a push here but this spot just sucks all around
Old 10-26-2006, 06:48 AM

pf spot on, on the flop a push is your best option.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:34 AM

fold PF. push flop, it is the only option.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
fold PF. push flop, it is the only option.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I fold preflop?
Old 10-26-2006, 08:04 AM

Folding pf looks good to me too ...

The reason being that you are going to have a difficult decision on most flops considering the pf action...

It looks like 10 10 is beat pf from the action... a ep raise a reraise after an ep raise and a caller... then the orginal raiser calling... and If you also consider your stats you can see that these are two pretty solid opponents one of them has a bigger pocket pair than you if not both... in fact the best you could hope for would be one overpair and 2 overcards....

So if you call what kind of flop will you like...

all undercards is ideal for tens but how unlikely is it that you wont be beaten by a bigger pair anyway...

The current flop which you will now probably be going broke In to a bigger set....

the only flop that really suits you is two low cards and a 10 giving you top set.....

To me the easiest way to play poker is to make good choices early in the hand which will make your future choices easier to make...

Like drawing to an OESD with 2 flush cards out Id rather fold than draw to that hand cos if I hit my straight with the flush card Im in a tough spot if facing heat... same applys here youve made a tough choice preflop leading to an even tougher choice on the flop....

Folding pf in this spot saves your money for a better spot and prevents you going potentially broke to a flop like this.. and it also makes your whole thought process much easier and clearer and easier....

As played its a push or fold decision on the flop to which Id probably push in the heat of the moment... but fold here in heinsite when the heats off....

I just think sometimes to improve our play we should stop and think about what is happening before the action gets to us or comes back round to us before making a quick choice and going with the gut feeling....

I had two hands today where I was about to just stick my stack in without thinking about it but (somehow) managed to stop myself and have a little think about what just happened in front of me and as it turned out made some good decisions based on what I saw and comprehenended...

I think we all should try taking a little more time over our choices at the table... we have a time bar online that we are entilted to use prehaps it should be used a little more often when making choices... but that could ne the subject of a different thread...

my 2 cents Tom [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2006, 08:08 AM

wel first of all when i made these pf calls i made them with the intention of insta mucking if i missed a set. but getting like 15-1 on stack sizes, and either one or both have overpairs, i think it would be a terrible laydown preflop.