Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2006, 09:01 PM

Default Re: Cryptologic officially out

Amazing that companies with so much on the line are willing to roll over and give up so easily. The bill's not even signed, the wording on it is unclear, enforcement is unclear, and there's a 270 day buffer period to allow organizations to arrange compliance. With all this, InterPoker immediately cuts everyone off their biggest customer base with no warning. With this kind of decision-making, it does make me wonder whether our money is safe. When the smoke clears on all this, avoiding these sites certainly makes sense.

Eric
Old 10-04-2006, 09:43 PM

Cryptologic, not InterPoker, made the decision to exit the US market. Since InterPoker is tied to Crypto's server platform, they had little choice but to go along.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cryptologic, not InterPoker, made the decision to exit the US market. Since InterPoker is tied to Crypto's server platform, they had little choice but to go along.

[/ QUOTE ]

And ECashDirect, too, from the looks of it.

I'd think that the people at Interpoker would have liked to have handled things a bit differently, but their hands were pretty much tied. One (probably unanticipated) downside to being a skin versus being a fully integrated site.

That said, I'm still glad to have cashed out just in time. Waiting for a paper check is no fun.

One thing I'd sure like to have seen handled better is notice to players -- I still haven't received an email from *any* of the Cryptos regarding the decision. I wouldn't have known about Interpoker's decision to stop offering bonuses to U.S. players but for 2+2. Etc, etc.

BTW, thanks Ryan for stopping by and answering some of the questions, even if they aren't answers we want to hear!