Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > About the Forums
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 09:12 AM

Default Re: Yeti should not be a mod in HSNL

Flight,

I barely post in MHNL anymore. Who cares? I posted in there frequently for a year whilst playing 5/10 and 10/20. You may not have noticed because it was before you registered.

Just because I don't post much doesn't mean that I don't read the forum thoroughly everyday. Luckily you don't need to play Party 25/50 everyday to be able to identify a crap thread or someone spamming The Greatest Vitamin In The World.

Also I have the advantage of being in the UK, so I can quickly delete crap that pops up in the mornings when fsu and AZK are asleep. And yes, this does happen.

You are all welcome to your own opinions, but there is no way that adding an extra mod like myself could ever harm the forum. Any notion that I am 'not qualified' to do the task is absurd.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prevaricator,

Why do you think anyone in a position to change mods cares on whit about your opinion? Its laughable that you criticized not only their judgement in choosing mods, but also the very way they run their website.

[/ QUOTE ]

How is this laughable? Any good leader or person in authority should have the people under them manage or police them [the leader/person in authority]. You're nothing without your team. If you make decisions without regard for anyone else's opinion, namely the people you have authority over, and those decisions end up being disastrous, you may not have anyone left to have authority over.

Look at the way David S, Mason, and Mat S conduct themselves. You don't see them on this site calling people idiots and absolute retards even when others may do that to them. It's a reason for that. If they took a total disregard for their words and actions, then they wouldn't have a 2+2 community to call home and a large percentage of the people who keep their business afloat by purchasing their products would not exist.

The same holds true for the mods that they have under them, representing 2+2 as a faces of order and decorum. If you have a mod installed who is as disrespectful and at times, just as trollish, as the people he is asked to mod, how is it that a person of that community not have a right to question the judgement of the people in authority who put him there? This is what Prev has done and he is well within his rights to do so.

Flight_Risk
Old 09-26-2006, 09:26 AM

Flight_Risk,

Have you ever stepped foot in OOT? I would advise against it. You would be exiled from the site in ten minutes flat.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flight_Risk,

Have you ever stepped foot in OOT? I would advise against it. You would be exiled from the site in ten minutes flat.

[/ QUOTE ]

The point is, you can't sit up here talking about banning people who troll when you do the same thing. Part of the reason alot of the threads started after the Grim incident all got shot to hell was because of people coming in calling him names like the one you called me---- an idiot. How do you expect for someone to conduct themselves when you got everyone calling them a piece of [censored], much less having a mod come in and do the very same thing? How do you expect anyone to respect you when you behave in the very same manner? How do you expect someone to think you can competently mod when they hardly think you were competent as a regular poster?

Flight_Risk
Old 09-26-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you expect someone to think you can competently mod when they hardly think you were competent as a regular poster?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea what you are talking about, kid.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How is this laughable?

[/ QUOTE ]
Its pretty clear that those involved with running the site are a)happy with the way they've chosen to run it, and b)happy with those they've asked to help. Saying, "imo he should have been voted in, not installed like he was," and then going on and on about how unqualified Yeti is and how 2+2 will collapse as an online community if he's kept around is completely delusional.

Mat chose/approved Yeti for a reason, in all likelihood is aware of this situation, and if he's not in the middle of formulating a response, its because it doesn't warrant his time or attention. Its without merit, in other words.

But hey, what do I know? Maybe if everyone could read the mod forum we'd know what the rest of the mods think of Yeti!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How do you expect someone to think you can competently mod when they hardly think you were competent as a regular poster?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a kid, I'm a grown man and I don't mean competent in the way you might think.

Flight_Risk
Old 09-26-2006, 11:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Flight_Risk,

[/ QUOTE ]

tru dat

OOT got da homie Yeti's back. respek.

NT
Old 09-26-2006, 10:53 PM

FR,

"Look at the way David S, Mason, and Mat S conduct themselves. You don't see them on this site calling people idiots and absolute retards "

Obviously you are not familiar with David and Mason.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a kid, I'm a grown man and I don't mean competent in the way you might think.

Flight_Risk

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then you're a grown man acting like a kid.