Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2006, 02:40 PM

Default Re: Site PokerLoco has $6500 of mine and will not pay up I need advice

Didn't read, only opened to see whether the O/U on a less than ten posts poster was correct.

I win!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Big difference between different sites in the Ongame network when it comes to issues like this!

[/ QUOTE ]
Not really. As long as Ongame allows this to happen over-and-over without cleaning up there is no reason to trust anyone associated with the network.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Didn't read, only opened to see whether the O/U on a less than ten posts poster was correct.

I win!

[/ QUOTE ]
Does it ever occur to you that this is the only reason they choose to post? Some people have better things to do. I really don't get why post count matters on this...because he is only asking for advice.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Site PokerLoco has $6500 of mine and will not pay up I need advice??

I'm always concerned when stories like this come up, as I like to play on many different sites, and so I wrote to PokerLoco's Support for their general comment.

Their reply:
[ QUOTE ]
Hello Mike,

Thank you for informing us of this issue.

This is a known case to us here, and the account in question is indeed blocked for a security check as a consequence of a case of multiple accounts. Unfortunately, we cannot provide more information than that as it may affect the ongoing investigation. The owner of this account has been assured that as soon as our security department gives the all clear, his account will be unblocked.

It is unfortunate that this case came up when we were also tied up dealing with technical issues, and as such the customer's annoyance at a delayed response to his initial e-mail is understandable. However, we must also wait for the investigation to be concluded before we draw any conclusions, and only once that happens can we take any other actions and possibly compensate the costumer for his troubles if appropriate.

Unfortunately we cannot provide any more information at the moment. However, should you have any other inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,

PokerLoco Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

I wrote back:
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Support,

Thank you.

I accept that you cannot give me or anyone other than the subject party explicit details.

However, it appeared that you were not even giving the subject party any information. (The inference from your reply is that you were having technical difficulties with your e-mail system, and that you have now been in further communication with him.)

Might I suggest that your Forum Representative or your Poker Room Manager posts a general response in the forum's thread as a damage control action? We have Reps from most of the big poker sites here, and, as long as they answer queries factually and without spam, they are made very welcome. As I am sure you know, Twoplustwo readers are made up from the most knowledgeable and proficient players on the internet, and seeing a professional and speedy reaction from you could do nothing but good for your site, assuming that the original player's problems are dealt with in the correct manner.

Please let me know if you intend to follow this advice, and I will validate your post as being authentic.

Otherwise, I will simply precis your reply to me, in due course.

Mike.

[/ QUOTE ]

Their response:
[ QUOTE ]
Hello Mike,

After some discussion here at support we have decided against posting on the forum. Making our replies available on forums would require a person dedicated to representing the site in such matters, so that they could also be available in other forums as well. This is a valuable suggestion that we may look into further; however, it cannot be executed in time to affect this case.

Instead, what can be done is if you would like to, you can post the e-mail we sent you earlier and any part of this e-mail that you find relevant.

You understood correctly that we were experiencing difficulties with our e-mail system. In addition to that, we have been dealing with other more serious technical issues which have kept us from replying to all inquiries in as timely a manner as would be desirable.

As for being in contact with the player, he contacted us shortly after the account was blocked. We stated to him what the problem is and what he has to do to set in motion the security check that will unblock his account. He then e-mailed us back with his response, and the matter was forwarded to the relevant department as per our standard operational procedures. Once we get a reply with the result of the investigation, his account will or will not be unblocked as appropriate. Since his post on the forum, we have assured him that the investigation is ongoing and that his money is still in his account and will be there in the case that it becomes unblocked.

That is all that we can say in regards to this case. We thank you for your attention, and if you would like to post our reply on the forum, please feel free to do so.

Should you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Regards,

PokerLoco Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, these are satisfactory and timely replies, and I trust the OP will give us a fair and similarly timely report on conclusion of the matter.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
We stated to him what the problem is and what he has to do to set in motion the security check that will unblock his account. He then e-mailed us back with his response, and the matter was forwarded to the relevant department as per our standard operational procedures.

[/ QUOTE ]

In my opinion, these are satisfactory and timely replies, and I trust the OP will give us a fair and similarly timely report on conclusion of the matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

The bolded seems to be standard OnGame speak for "we're never going to contact him again." I've experienced this with both Holdempoker (more than once, sadly) and Europoker in the last few months. Fortunately ECOGRA was helpful with Europoker. I'm about ready to contact them over HEP.

The relevant department seems to be the department of /dev/null.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:44 PM

Default Update on Situation

Mike,

Just want thank for you doing what you have been doing and taking the time to help me out. So I look in my email today and guess who I get a response from... Yep you guessed it Poker loco. Here is it.

Hello Mr. XXXXX,

Apologies for the delay in the investigation, we have contacted the
relevant department again and they are currently looking at the issue.
Rest assured that the funds have not been taken from your account, the
account itself is simply blocked, the money has not gone anywhere. The
purpose of this investigation is not to stop you from accessing your
money. We ask you to consider the fact that we must keep tight security
measures on our site to ensure the safety of all of our players.

We understand that this is very frustrating for you, especially given
the amount in question. We will ensure that your case is given high
priority, however we cannot guarantee when it will be resolved. Once
again, apologies for the delay, we ask for your kind patience in this
matter.

Regards,

PokerLoco Support Team
Old 09-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Default Re: Update on Situation

Since posting the above, I have written to them once more, pointing out something that I had forgotten since reading your original post, which was that it appears your account has been locked for about six weeks.

Now, I understand that you seem to have left them to their own devices until the last few days, and, like everyone does, everywhere, they may have put their investigation on the back boiler because you weren't hassling them, but, even so, six weeks really does sound like an inordinate length of time to keep you hanging on.

Let's hope the interest of everyone here in the Zoo makes them realise that they need to finalise this matter within the next few days, at most.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now, I understand that you seem to have left them to their own devices until the last few days, and, like everyone does, everywhere, they may have put their investigation on the back boiler because you weren't hassling them, but, even so, six weeks really does sound like an inordinate length of time to keep you hanging on.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Europoker locked my account for an ID check without even accusing me of anything, and then didn't talk to me for five weeks. (And I was hassling them, plus asked for help from my affiliate and pokerroomreview, both of whom got less than you have, before ECOGRA came through.) It's inordinate, but it's not unsurprising.

Holdempoker's holding a prize rather than cash in my account, so I haven't been as dogged with them, but that dispute's about to hit the six month mark. I keep sending them my ID and they keep losing it, along with monthlong silences from time to time.

OnGame customer service is by far the worst in the industry IMO, and it seems to be consistent across all their sites.
Old 09-19-2006, 06:25 PM

Interesting response, (in terms of time), to my last e-mail:
[ QUOTE ]
Hello Mike,
To clarify the time stretches involved, the account was first blocked on the 2nd of September, which at this moment makes about 17 days.
We are aware that this is taking a longer than may be desired, and have already contacted the relevant department about the issue. Unfortunately we cannot place a time on the resolution, as cases regarding security on our site are only closed after the investigation has turned up conclusive results.
We hope this sheds a bit more light on the issue, and should you have any other inquiries, we will be happy to help.
Regards,
PokerLoco Support Team

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2006, 06:39 PM

I love how its always the same response. "We have passed this on to the security department" Meaning.. "We could care less and it's not our problem. The security team will get to it when they feel like it which will happen, if your lucky, by the end of next year"
Seriously how long does it take to look at his account? Maybe an hour. Cannot be that many factors to determine if he cheated in any way. Deposited into 2 accounts...Shut one down...only has one account...Didn't recieve any benifits in doing so...money GRANTED!!!