Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is slinging more jargon and handwaving?
Borodog 1 14.29%
The once and future king 6 85.71%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-17-2006, 04:09 PM

Default Re: PPT Commerce Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Is Tom McEvoy the biggest pussy in the poker world? How could he lay down his TPQK hand to Scotty after Scotty bet 1/4th the pot on the turn. McEvoy somehow convinced himself that Scotty had AKo and he was therefore drawing dead to the river. And don't forget this is a friggin' freeroll. What a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I watched about 30 minutes of it yesterday, and I did catch that hand. He did come accross as a nit. I have a feeling he's broke!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL Tom's not broke, Tom still travels the tournament scene, and has had some decent success including winning 1 PPT event, he also represents Poker Stars. Looking at The Hendon Mob DB they are excluding at least one extremely tough final table he took down...I'll have to search and try to find that one on google or something.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Tom McEvoy the biggest pussy in the poker world? How could he lay down his TPQK hand to Scotty after Scotty bet 1/4th the pot on the turn. McEvoy somehow convinced himself that Scotty had AKo and he was therefore drawing dead to the river. And don't forget this is a friggin' freeroll. What a nit.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was amazed watching this. Not only the actual play but he looked absolutely terrified.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Tom McEvoy the biggest pussy in the poker world? How could he lay down his TPQK hand to Scotty after Scotty bet 1/4th the pot on the turn. McEvoy somehow convinced himself that Scotty had AKo and he was therefore drawing dead to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it was the small bet that fooled him- he looked ready to call or raise, but then got really perplexed by the bet size, so I imagine Scotty has underbet like that before vs. him with a big hand. Still can't believe he folded. Why even defend with AQ if you're going to play like that when an ace flops?

Also gotta love Seif and that other moron commenting that Scotty was trying to keep the pot small with that bet, not mentioning that he could have kept it even smaller by checking behind.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hellmuth going nuts on two hands he got beat by a nut flush and a nut straight, one opp holding KQs and the other JTs because he couldn't believe they would call preflop with those hands. Does he think holdem is a 2 card game?

[/ QUOTE ]
The pathetic thing is that Hellmuth never got a penalty called on him for all the F-Bombing he did during that episode...still some floor personell / TD's that get a little star struck and not enforce the rules equally.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The pathetic thing is that Hellmuth never got a penalty called on him for all the F-Bombing he did during that episode...still some floor personell / TD's that get a little star struck and not enforce the rules equally.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're thinking of WSOP conduct rules.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:58 PM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Scotty Nguyen ; he's a donk but he's entertaining. McEvoy really seemed like a shell-shocked fish who plays the local 1/2 game and was terrified at the table. Weird.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I am thinking of the rules that they were supposed to be following in this tournament.

Jan Fisher is a good friend of mine *she's also one of the founding members of the TDA* and the FT studio announcer for the PPT, and was sitting to the right of Phil during this situation and it was she who told me they failed to issue a penalty.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
No, I am thinking of the rules that they were supposed to be following in this tournament.

Jan Fisher is a good friend of mine *she's also one of the founding members of the TDA* and the FT studio announcer for the PPT, and was sitting to the right of Phil during this situation and it was she who told me they failed to issue a penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just posted something about this under B&M, I didn't realize there was a Televised Poker section. I thought his tantrum was pretty disgusting too. There's no way I would have sat through that [censored] if I was one of the two guys that beat him.

I honestly don't know if its just that the poker coverage always focuses on his tantrums to get ratings, but everytime I see his immature tantrums I want to kick him squarely in the nuts.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you ask her why she played so sh@tty at that table??
Old 08-25-2006, 01:51 AM

Hi,
I was just alerted to this thread by Cary Darling, my good friend. I don't lurk or read here much anymore or would have replied earlier to the posts about my "play" at the featured table. It was an honor to have been given the chance to play in the PPT and then to be moved to the TV table was a thrill. It was shot more than a year ago. Was my play stellar? Absolutely not! My play was too tight and too predictable. That being said, the hands that were shown where they said "I should have played them" I feel were taken out of context. The AJ of spades was the only hand shown I should have played, IMO> Regardless, there certainly were some 8/3s I should have played due to the circumstances at the time. I have learned a lot about NLHE since this show was shot and know I could make a better showing if given the chance again. I hope to have that opportunity again whether by invitation (yes, I was an exemption) or by buying into an event and going the distance. In the meantime, I am pleased and proud to say that I am the live studio announcer at all of the remaining final tables yet to appear in that season and hope I come off better there than as a player! At least I have poofy hair and nice makeup! I think the show and commentating will improve as Matt and Mark get more used to each other and also think that as entrants into an invitational event, i.e. the PPT, we, as players, should be able to take the hammering as we are expected to play as professionals. Clearly my play (that was televised) didn't show that to be the case for me. Unfortunately, to have lasted as long as I did, I did make some very good plays and won some pots, but none were shown!
Enjoy the rest of the season everyone...
Best regards,
Jan Fisher
cardplayercruises.com