Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2006, 05:00 PM

Default Re: What has party done to 2/4?!

[ QUOTE ]
action of the bad players is much jucier in the BBJ games than the regular games. This more than makes up for the extra drop.

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course this is mere conjecture on your part. Historically, most of the good posters in this forum have chosen to play in the 'tighter' non-BBJ games, although there have been a few good posters who have championed the extra looseness of the BBJ tables. At this point, 3 days worth of data isn't enough to tell if the Monster tables will be loose enough to justify an additional ~.5BB per 100 hands or not.

At any rate, forcing players to pay an extra .5bb/100 is a low-class move by Party. It may be that they have enough of a monopoly that serious players will simply have to suck it up because there's not a better place to play (I know I have), but this type of heavy-handedness by Party keeps many players, myself included, continually looking at other sites for a better place to play.
Old 07-28-2006, 06:19 PM

Default Re: What has party done to 2/4?!

[ QUOTE ]
Of course this is mere conjecture on your part. Historically, most of the good posters in this forum have chosen to play in the 'tighter' non-BBJ games, although there have been a few good posters who have championed the extra looseness of the BBJ tables. At this point, 3 days worth of data isn't enough to tell if the Monster tables will be loose enough to justify an additional ~.5BB per 100 hands or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, I moved to the BBJ tables about 6 months ago and play about 1,500 hands a week. The action has always been better. Now its better yet.

[ QUOTE ]
At any rate, forcing players to pay an extra .5bb/100 is a low-class move by Party. It may be that they have enough of a monopoly that serious players will simply have to suck it up because there's not a better place to play (I know I have), but this type of heavy-handedness by Party keeps many players, myself included, continually looking at other sites for a better place to play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Despite the fact that I think I've benefited from the change, Party has pissed me off yet again. You are correct, they do what the f'in well please without regard to what their regulars may want.

In particular, that monster/jackpot sliding annoyance uses an amazing amount of CPU. Tough when you're running PT, PA & other things.