Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2006, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Deadwood, 7/23

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The Earps are coming into town. Awesome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was this mentioned during the episode, or in the previews for next week? If it was during the episode, I missed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Previews.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:20 PM

Any idea from the previews who the Earps will be helping?

Wait, don't tell me....

Changed my mind, tell me.....

Wait...., never mind
Old 07-25-2006, 01:24 PM

I really hope we get to see some Bullock badassness next week. As for my favortie line of the night was when doc was in Al office and was telling him how he was sick and Al said "no one makes it out alive, doc". It just seemed so chilling.

Edit: How good is the actress that plays Jane? Seriously, I completely buy that actress as a loud mouthed drunk, but who is still wierdly caring at the same time.
Old 07-25-2006, 01:30 PM

Not my favorite episode, but better than anything on any other show by far.

I didn't get the whole thing about the hand bandages for Al, and find the doctor's sickness more of an annoyance than anything, unless it comes to something. Same with the cinnamon thing.

I find it endearing how Al expresses compassion for people through insulting outbursts. His character development is the standard by which character development should be measured.

The theater troupe scenes are the only in the series so far that I wished i had skipped, but I do like the contrast in the relationship between Jack and Al.

Charlie Utter is the most underrated character on the show, and Dayton Callie is the show's most underrated actor.

Jane and Joanie? This could be fun.

My vote for QOTS: "Will I find you have a knife?" "I don't need no [censored] knife."

EDIT: I forgot my favorite line of the episode, which came from one of my new favorite characters. I'm paraphrasing: "If you haven't had dessert, don't. Al's breaking out the peaches."
Old 07-25-2006, 07:32 PM

You don't think Doc's illness will "come to something"? He has TB, in 1876. He's done for, and it won't be pretty.

You didn't "get" the tailor scene? I thought it was obvious: Gordon Clapp needed work. I can't think of any other reason for that scene.

[ QUOTE ]
I forgot my favorite line of the episode, which came from one of my new favorite characters. I'm paraphrasing: "If you haven't had dessert, don't. Al's breaking out the peaches."

[/ QUOTE ]

On the Season One DVD commentary, Tim Olyphant says he's jealous of all the great lines Johnny Burns gets. He cites as his example, "Sit, Wu! Sit!! He won't sit."
Old 07-26-2006, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't think Doc's illness will "come to something"? He has TB, in 1876. He's done for, and it won't be pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess I've made the mistake of enjoying the show with virtually no historical background.

So, you know, thanks.