Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2006, 12:35 AM

Default Over pair against LAG with flush possibilty

Villan is a big LAG with a VP$IP around 70% and had bet/raised a few pots with absolute air. I was scared about the flush possibility but thought my jacks were still good solely based on my read. Would you play the same?

PokerStars 0.10/0.20 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.75 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.75 BB
Old 06-29-2006, 12:53 AM

Default Re: Over pair against LAG with flush possibilty

do you have a read on his pfr? (over how many hands?)
i like 3betting the flop. he could be raising the flop with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Kx and a ton of other hands that you are ahead of that contain a single spade.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:14 AM

I would 3bet the flop, bet/call the turn and check/call the river. If he's got a spade, you need to make him pay to draw. If he's got a pair, you've probably got him beat.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 AM

I am far, far more worried about the double-paired board than I ever will be about the flush draw.

I don't think there's really any other way to play this. The only thing you beat is absolute air that's not 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]s, and since he's a LAG, that's a possibility.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:48 PM

thanks for the input. Yea I wanted to bet that turn, but decided at the last second to check it. Villan showed Kc6d, lol