Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2006, 02:25 AM

Default 25k hands down...Few questions.

limit .5/1
total hands 25,418
vpip 13.49
vol pu in from sb 21%
folded sb to steal 93.79
folded bb to steal 87
att to steal blinds 19
won $ wsf % 31.89
amount won (50) <---- :___(
went to sd % 30%
won $ to sd 58.23
pfr 9%

Is it common to lose some money over 20k hands? For the past couple weeks i've been getting in sessions of 2-3k hands...For some of the sessions i would end up 80-100 dollars, and some of the sessions i ended down 50-90 are these typical downswing/upswings for .5/1?
Old 06-18-2006, 02:28 AM

Default Re: 25k hands down...Few questions.

My first reaction is your VPIP is way way too low for .5/1.

You are folding your BB to steals too much too, but at .5/1 your sample size for steals might be too small to judge even after 25K. I don't remember them coming up very often in my time there.

It is common to lose money after 25K hands even if you are a winning player, but it isn't something that happens a lot. If that makes sense. The long run is a LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, and you'll have some insane spurts of positive, negative and break even variance that boggle your mind and test your patience. In your case it seems you have some leaks that need adjusting, but you can lose money over such a period and have it not be a big deal.

But, it doesn't happen often though if everyone here plays enough it'll happen to everyone.
Old 06-18-2006, 03:03 AM

pfr is good but you are not stealing enough. if a hand is good enough to play in late position and its folded to you. RAISE dont limp! even very marginal hands can become playable in this spot..

you w$sd is high and you w2sd is fine so u might be fit or folding too much, but combine that with a low vpip and the fact u your not stealing enough might suggest your a little predictable and as such an astute tag wiil only go to sd with big hands.

however you have a nice solid baseline so now its time to reread ssh and take off those training wheels
Old 06-18-2006, 05:39 AM

vpip 13.49
folded sb to steal 93.79
folded bb to steal 87

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-18-2006, 05:59 AM

I'd also check to make sure you're not playing too passively, playing too few hands and playing them weakly is not good...
Old 06-18-2006, 06:58 AM

Your stats suggest that you are a weak tight nit....
Old 06-18-2006, 08:01 AM

What are your postflop stats?
Old 06-18-2006, 09:35 PM

Is this what u mean by post flop stats...

[image]http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=6/16821343369.png&s=f5[/image]
Old 06-18-2006, 10:34 PM

i think your pre-flop is too tight, missing a lot on profitable hands,

in the first 3 months of playing poker, i am down 245 big bets over 75k hands... (thank God for bonus whoring) i don't know if it is normal, but it happens, granted i didn't play my best poker during that time cause of lots of reasons, but now i have made my losses back and up 200 dollars this month (the 4th month of playing) and also moved up to 1/2 and i'm winning at more than 2bb/100

so hang in there, and review your plays often, self improvement will turnyour losses to wins