Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2006, 01:08 PM

Default Re: Serious moving to Vegas question- What car to get.

If you go the used Honda route, PM me. Ed and I will be selling both our cars (both Hondas) within the near future.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:24 PM

I live in LV and drive a Mazda Protege, even though I have the bankroll to buy a nicer car. I won't do it, though, because the working capital I have now can be tripled or quadrupled every year with the way poker is now. If I invested $8k in a car per year over 5 years, that's essentially throwing away $32k a year, which is not something I'd want to do.

If you're disciplined enough to play enough poker to afford this car, then do it. However, I'd probably never own a really nice car in LV because of all the bad drivers, car thieves, and dust.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:26 PM

DCJ,

while OP's admitting financially that its not the best thing, he bascially says that he needs a nicer car to feel more confident about himself and "get serious" with women
Old 06-17-2006, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I'd probably never own a really nice car in LV because of all the bad drivers, car thieves, and dust.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now that makes alot of sense, and I think has been a worry of mine that was underlying fear that you mentioning has brought to the surface.

Yes, there's been a bit of bragging, but I tried to mix that with plenty of self-depricating information as well. Should I have posted in BBV? It didn't seem poker related.

When I drove from college to DC, all the stuff was in my backseat and I couldn't see out of my back window because the material from my roof was hanging down, so I ripped it off. I needed a new battery at one point and got one, but left it on the floor of the passenger side for too long and battery acid leaked all over the floor eventually. I'd love to know who here would actually enjoy the prospect of picking up someone in that.

We're all douchebags, we post on internet messageboards. I thought we all universally agreed to accept that.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Due to having an '86 celebrity, I've almost avoided getting serious with chicks so I wouldn't have to drive them anywhere (live in DC now, can use metro) So I'm more than interested to flipping the switch and getting a car solely for women reasons.

[/ QUOTE ]

..ensuring you only get a woman who's judging you on that.
Old 06-17-2006, 06:01 PM

Do you play craps or anything of such nature?