Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Best friend\'s friend is a vocal racist

So I'm hanging out with my best friend from childhood and his friend and we're all adults and this guy just non-stops spews racial slurs and vitriol and talks about killing ____ and ____. I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him. I've only been around this racist several times, I think he's going to college with my friend. What's my line here? I don't wanna have to force my friend to associate with either him or me and my friend usually doesn't behave this way and he just kinda lets the racist's stuff go without saying anything but on the other hand I can't stand for their association to continue.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:52 PM

Default Re: Best friend\'s friend is a vocal racist

Am I the only one who thought this was going to be about someone who would only listen to white lead singers?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:54 PM

You will find no support here.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't you do both?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him.

[/ QUOTE ]

can't you do both?

[/ QUOTE ]

"stay quiet" vs. "make it known"
Old 06-14-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

can't you do both?

[/ QUOTE ]

"stay quiet" vs. "make it known"

[/ QUOTE ]

don't verbally challenge him, antagonize him, call him out, etc. but also don't be dishonest about the fact that you think he's a POS.

if he calls you out first, then it's a different story.

works for me.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:08 PM

one time i was in a similar situation. i liked the soon-to-be revealed racist beforehand but when he told me:

"YA KNOW WHAT I HATE? HOW DEM N*GGAS IS ALWAYS WEARING WORK BOOTS. BUT DEY NEVAR WORK"

that kinda ruined it. it's a world full of dum dums.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:14 PM

ALL my friends are pretty racist, except for 1 or 2 of my real close ones, Ive made it known not to say any of that [censored] around me. Its pretty simple, they say something racist, you say, hey, listen, Im not going to stop you from saying [censored] like that, but out of respect dont say that stuff around me, I dont like it. It works.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I'm hanging out with my best friend from childhood and his friend and we're all adults and this guy just non-stops spews racial slurs and vitriol and talks about killing ____ and ____. I'm not a racist so I felt I only had 2 options: stay quiet and stay away from this unsavory character as much as I can or make it known that I can't stand him. I've only been around this racist several times, I think he's going to college with my friend. What's my line here? I don't wanna have to force my friend to associate with either him or me and my friend usually doesn't behave this way and he just kinda lets the racist's stuff go without saying anything but on the other hand I can't stand for their association to continue.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure he is just not joking? i make alot, and i mean ALOT, of jokes about rasism/nazism. that doesnt mean im a rasist tho. its just so funny.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you sure he is just not joking? i make alot, and i mean ALOT, of jokes about rasism/nazism. that doesnt mean im a rasist tho. its just so funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

99% of the people who say this exact thing are racist. Its pretty sad. Im not a PC nut, and they arent KKK worthy, but it def shows how little class they have.