Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2006, 05:11 AM

Default I think Im getting addicted to yak again..

I used to have a problem where when I got drunk I would always crave some yak. It's something about some whiskey and coke that just gets to me, and makes me feel like [censored] superman. Well, Saturday night I go to a club and end up buying some off this guy there because my friend introduced me to him. Once a friend tried to do coke with me it's all over for my self-control. When Im drunk I have no inhibitions whatsoever (I suppose one of the reasons I love alcohol).

Anyway, tonight I get drunk and Im at the bar. A buddy of mine, who used to do alot of coke with me, gets off work and meets me and some others of my friends there and I talk about my yak experience. He says he already knew about it, and asks me if I want to go again. Of course my drunken self instantly says yes. I tell him I will treat him to a G - he just has to find it and drive there. Well in about a minute in a half we leave and go get it and Im still sitting here by finishing the [censored] off.

Backtrack to about two years ago. I blew probably about $1800 in a month during the summer on blow which was from my financial aid. Ended up paying my parents back for it, but I basically was blowing every night. Im afraid Im getting addicted to it again. I like it too much. I usually do not crave it when Im sober, but I drink so much this could soon become a problem. What do I besides end myself or SIIHP, OTT?
Old 05-24-2006, 05:15 AM

Default Re: I think Im getting addicted to yak again..

It sounds like detox may help. It's very likely there is no other way to curb your addiction without cutting out alcohol.

That's just the way it goes.
Old 05-24-2006, 05:18 AM

Cutting out the alcohol is near impossible. I killed a fifth last night, polished off my girl's bottle this afternoon and drank a [censored] more tonight. Im pretty much an alcoholic, but when I have school, important issues, etc I can control myself and dont have physical/psychological cravings.
Old 05-24-2006, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cutting out the alcohol is near impossible. I killed a fifth last night, polished off my girl's bottle this afternoon and drank a [censored] more tonight. Im pretty much an alcoholic, but when I have school, important issues, etc I can control myself and dont have physical/psychological cravings.

[/ QUOTE ]

good luck, you will need it. try to put as much money away as you can and try to get other people to pay for your alcohol and drugs, so that you will have all sorts of people who have a vested interest in getting you sober and straight when you hit bottom.[/sarcasm]

seriously, you are on a career path with a train, and the train is going to win unless you change your behavior. you don't sound like you think alcohol is a problem for you, but you do understand the economic problems of coke.

try to stay around people who are sober as much as possible and maybe find out why you drink...or better yet, stay sober one or two nights and watch the drunks...it might give you an idea of whether you really think you need alcohol.

then go to a couple NA meetings or AA meeting and just see if you want to check out their programs...they are not the only answer, but they have a lot of answers.

being a "functional alky" which is what you are describing about being able to stay sober for school and tests is a short term situation at best. you will likely find that you are spending all your time looking for ways to avoid any responsibilities and drink more.

but you know all this. and just because you did kill a fifth or more, doesn't mean you have to choose to do it again.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:20 AM

And I thought to myself, "man, I eat some weird [censored] when I'm drunk, but this dude is off the charts, where do you even get this stuff at?"

Old 05-24-2006, 08:37 AM

get help, dude.

You will be broke and/or miserable in a very short time. Deal with it now, because it will only get more difficult.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:43 AM

What the others said but I would also like to add that I think you should get some new friends.
Old 05-24-2006, 08:50 AM

Damn I guess I'm the only one who thought the OP was addicted to this...

Old 05-24-2006, 09:05 AM

lets see, when you drink you go out of control and do coke. isnt your answer really easy?

oh yeah:

[ QUOTE ]
Cutting out the alcohol is near impossible. I killed a fifth last night, polished off my girl's bottle this afternoon and drank a [censored] more tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

sigh, why don't you work on your alcoholism problem? sounds like that would help curb your craving for yay
Old 05-24-2006, 09:13 AM

The fact that you are posting this means that you are aware that you have a problem. Don't be afraid that you might become addicted to coke, but instead realize you have the power to choose not to do it. Realize too however, that your drinking may be a problem.

Honestly, I would try to quit drinking all together. Not an easy thing to do. You might have to change the people that you hang out with and avoid going to some places that you frequent. You'll have to find other ways to have fun instead. Perhaps focus on picking up women (not at bars) and have more sex than drugs.

For me, I have been trying to kick a weed habit. I have been smoking since I was 14 (so 12 years now), everyday, all day. Until this last year, my longest break was 3 months. This last year, I finally had a stretch of 9 months without smoking, before relapsing and starting up daily again (Due to a ridiculously fine female that I used to smoke with coming back into town).

I just just started another break. It is difficult for me because I become extremely bored. Every time I feel the urge to smoke, I think of things that I can do to fight the boredom. I hang out with friends, even just talk to a friends on the phone, watch a movie, exercise, listen to music, lay down and practice meditating, etc. The key I believe is to realize that you have the power to make the decision not to do it.

That said, what do I know? Isn't one of the 12 steps realizing that you are powerless?... If it is I think that is bs.