Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2006, 04:21 PM

Default Re: 50/100nl HU vs. Erik123

Taylor gave two or three reasons why he thought he was ahead after the check-raise in this spot. to me, it sounded like he was over 50% sure he was ahead after Erik pushed

edit: also, it sounds like he thought about the check-raise before he bet, and was ready to call it
Old 04-07-2006, 05:27 PM

your play and reasoning on the hand seems fine to me. one other factor that matters a lot that i think some people may be overlooking is the river situation your left with if you check. if your opponent is likely to play the river in a way that makes it very profitable for you then checking starts to look a lot better, even if betting and calling a checkraise are +ev. for example, if the villian were to blindly bluff his missed overs by making a pot sized bet on the river the ev of the river situation, which you give up by betting the turn, is probably pretty high.

given zeebo's description of the villian it doesnt sound like checking the turn here actually leads to a particularly good river situation so this probably doesnt have much of an impact here.
Old 04-07-2006, 06:48 PM

some players would check the turn with aces and call a bet, and c/r the turn with a bluff. i don't think erik is that player, he will c/r all in with aces. also i agree with what zeebo said about the river, i'd seriously consider folding on the river to a bet of his.

don't see much more money to be made in this hand, the pot size right now is about right for me.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:26 PM

howdy bruiser