Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2007, 12:38 PM

Default AQ in BB facing late position 4-bet shove

FT $26. No reads, just moved to the table a few mins ago.

A couple of questions regarding the hand:

1. When he minraises to you in the BB, are you just shoving here or are you going to make a 3x type bet? I figure my stack size is bordering on resteal size. If we go by Bond's 2/3 rule it might be an easy shove, if we go by simply counting BBs it might be a bad idea to shove. I was torn.

2. So I go with the 3x 3-bet and he shoves. What do you do, call or fold? My original plan was to 3x and then fold to a shove. But then I started thinking about his range and I couldn't figure out if it should be wide or not. The original minraise is suspicious but like i said i have no reads and he's a big stack maybe testing out a steal and then thinks that I am restealing? Maybe i've giving too much credit here in a $26.

Folding here would put me like 80/100 with 45 ITM. I lean towards calling to hopefully double and make a real run at this tourney.

I guess I can figure this out if we can pin him down on a range but I can't quite figure out what range does this. Any suggestions?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Tournament
Blinds: t250/t500
(Ante: t50)
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: t61090
UTG+1: t4710
MP1: t12075
MP2: t4650
MP3: t1120
CO: t11125
Button: t22901
SB: t21705
Hero: t9995

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
6 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to t1000</font>, SB folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to t3000</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in t22851</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero?</font>.