Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Psychology

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2007, 11:03 PM

Default Play being affected by a girl????

This might sound strange, but I have only had two major downswings this last year, and both have occured when I was hanging out with this one specific girl (first time being about 4 months ago, we went our seperate ways but not on bad terms and are back together now). This current downswing has been very bad and I have almost gone completely broke. I seem to be running very bad in general at the moment, but I am overall not too unhappy with my play even though the results have been horrible. I cant help question whether shes affecting my mind in someway that is prohibiting me from playing my A game. I do admit lately my mind has felt cloudy but I seem to convince my self that i am still able to play good poker, but now im really starting to wonder if my game is off and where the new leak is coming from. My major problem is that I play professionally, and have relied on poker income to support my self for a year now. This is by far the closest ive come to being broke (in my poker account) and ive dwindled my bankroll to the level that Im not even satisfied or able to make enough income with the stakes im now rolled for. I am thinking strongly about tapping a mutual fund i have and depositing a 2/4 nl roll possibly with 30 buyins and repeating, but my confidence is very shaken right now, and I am having a hard time deciding if it is the right move. Ive ran at 2.4 bb/100 over last 20k hands at 2/4 FR and a slightly better at 2/4 6max ...while its not amazing..its a win rate in the game. Another thing ive noticed is that i havent had as much joy in playing poker lately, and ive been spending alot of time with this girl which obv takes away from playing and studying time. It seems to be that my life is running pretty bad at the moment with the exception of finding a girl I am very happy with. I have found it almost imposible mentally to grind lately and just feel im in a very tough spot right now.

I basically just dont know what to do and would really appreciate any advice from anyone whos experienced anything similar or who has any recomendations regarding starting fresh with a 30 buying 2/4 roll or how to get back on track in any way shape or form. (I am a cardrunners and pokerxfactor member and ive been reading the psychology forum on here and on cardrunners...and ive been trying to watch cardrunner vids to get my game back on track but i dont feel it has been helping me.)

Thank you for any advice/input/whatever