Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-23-2007, 07:39 PM

Default Tunica

My girlfriend I are making our first trip to Tunica next weekend or the one after. I did a couple quick searches on 2p2 and google for info but they didn't answer all my questions.

1. Games? My GF will be playing 1/2-1/3NL and I'll be playing 2/5-5/10NL and perhaps 10/20-15/30 LHE or Omaha H/L. I'm not so concerned about the quality of the games because obviously at the limits we play we're not going to encounter stellar play, but some info on the rooms with the biggest game selection and/or are in close proximity to other properties is appreciated.

2. Where to stay? We were planning on staying at either the Grand or Horseshoe, but are open to suggestions. Properties with poker rates are preferable.

3. Food? We're not picky. Snackbars/buffets/etc. are fine since almost all waking hours will be spent playing poker but it would be nice to know of any place that has a particularly good buffet or if there is somewhere we should avoid. Also, we'll probably have at least one meal at a nicer restuarant so any suggestions on a steak place or otherwise is appreciated.

4. Comps? Not a deciding factor but if we'll take advantage of them if they're available. It seems like every poker room has their own [censored] up comp system with player cards, gimmicks, asking the right people, burning the right type of incense, etc. so more importantantly, HOW do we go about getting them?

5. Other? We'd love to hear any additional comments or experiences people have had. They don't have to be poker related either. If there is some bar/restuarant/strip club/historical site/etc. in or around Tunica or Memphis that a visitor should consider then let us know!

I'll be posting a trip report when we get back. Wish us luck!