BB (t1500)
UTG (t1490)
UTG+1 (t1340)
MP1 (t1470)
MP2 (t1910)
Hero (t3080)
Button (t1370)
SB (t1340)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero?

Would anyone ever just limp here? I *know* this is against conventional wisdom, so I'm not really looking for "no" as an answer. I'd like to try to understand the *why* of the conventional wisdom if possible.

Also even with the new structure on PP, it's still like you get 50% more chips on PS. As the blinds on PP start at 20/40. Right? So this may be one of those PP/PS differences as well as a preference for playing SCs early. I like to. My game seems to do a lot better when I double up early. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I treat lvl 1 like a deepstack MTT, lvl 2 a little less, lvl 3 not much at all. So maybe only people who play SCs lvl 1 should chime in. I dunno. Or you can try to convince my why you should never play 89s lvl 1. That's cool too.

Here's my thinking, the last thing I want is to start aggravating the blinds this early, nor do I care a whit about stealing the blinds, nor do I want to build a big pot that I have to try to take down. But I like this hand. It's pretty. Is limping just terrible here? If so please explain why. The best reason I can think of is that if you do hit, it's often hard to extract any money as the pot is so small. I'd like to hear more reasons.