Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2007, 05:40 PM

Default New Jersey cops aggressive driving on the AC Expressway - what gives?

Three times in the past 3 months I have had a New Jersey cop tailgate the ever living hell out of me while on the AC Expressway. Two times the cop was following me so closely that I couldn't see the front grill of his car in my rear view mirror. Never did they turn on their blue cruising lights at any point, but all three times they rode right up my tail and started flashing their high beam headlights and what appears to be a little spotlight that is installed on the driver's side of the car. I'm no pokey driver, either. I've had more speeding tickets than I care to remember.

Last night, some cop did the same thing again; never mind the fact that I was zooming along at about 85mph and moving faster than most of the traffic. I pulled over to let him pass but then sped up and followed him for a few minutes. He never blue-lighted anybody; he instead repeated the tailgate-and-flash-high-beams routine on several more cars. What a jerk.

Has anybody else had this happen to them? It's ridiculously dangerous and risky. Me telling someone to stop driving so aggressively is like Roseanne Barr lecturing someone on diet and nutrition.