Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes

Old 09-09-2007, 12:38 AM

Default NL100: What do I do with TT when a J Flops?

How does everyone play this?

Hands from a while back so I don't really have any reads other than the given stats.

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $128.50
BB: $129.50
UTG: $185.50
Hero (MP): $164.00
CO: $130.45
BTN: $98.50

Reads: <font color="blue">Villain: 26/23/1.5 over 65
Me: 21/18/6.2</font>

Preflop: Hero is dealt T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $3.50</font>, <font color="red">CO raises to $12.00</font>, 3 folds, Hero calls $8.50

Flop: ($25.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, <font color="red">CO bets $20.00</font>
Old 09-09-2007, 12:46 AM

Default Re: NL100: What do I do with TT when a J Flops?

Really no good way to play this IMO. Just a crappy situation.

I don't think folding preflop to the 3bet is criminal. If he was 3betting your button/CO raise from the blinds and you had position, I'd be calling all day against a 26/23. If he's 3betting you relentlessly, a 4bet here and there is good to work in.

As played, if you just c/c the flop, he's probably going to put you on about what you have. You wouldn't float OOP with like AQs here, the board is drawless, if you slowplayed AA preflop somehow I don't think you'd c/c flop, etc. He'll prob put you on like 88-QQ and someone this aggressive is likely to fire another bullet at some point I think and that really puts you in a world of hurt.

If you c/r the flop, I guess you prevent unpaired cards or worse pairs from bluffing you out of the pot, but you're going to be making a bet so large it's just about committing yourself, and you're not going to fold out many better hands really. Seems like real high risk/low reward.

Meh.
Old 09-09-2007, 01:18 AM

This is my first post, so go easy on me if I'm out of my mind:

I don't have poker tracker, so I don't know what all the stats mean, but what about a bet of $13 or $14 after the flop? If we check the flop after he reraise PF, he's going to bet no matter what and we don't really know the strength of his hand. If we bet first and he comes over the top, at least we know we're beat, if he folds we win. If he just calls we might face a tough decision on the turn. What do you think?
Old 09-09-2007, 02:50 AM

How about just folding?

There are 3 rounds of betting left, roughly 3 PSBs, you're out of position, WA/WB. Looks like folding is ok here.
Old 09-09-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This is my first post, so go easy on me if I'm out of my mind:

I don't have poker tracker, so I don't know what all the stats mean, but what about a bet of $13 or $14 after the flop? If we check the flop after he reraise PF, he's going to bet no matter what and we don't really know the strength of his hand. If we bet first and he comes over the top, at least we know we're beat, if he folds we win. If he just calls we might face a tough decision on the turn. What do you think?

[/ QUOTE ]

ime you get raised a lot if you lead into the preflop reraiser, in some cases it could take the pot down though and if it doesn't it could bring you more action when you flop a big hand in a similar situation later

is check/fold bad in this spot? You only beat AK, AQ which is part of his range but everything else has you crushed
Old 09-09-2007, 02:56 AM

Call, just one time baby.
Old 09-09-2007, 03:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think folding preflop to the 3bet is criminal.

[/ QUOTE ]

This really goes against everything I believe in in sooooo many ways, however, I'm really starting to wonder if this might not be the best course of action against a villain who doesn't 3-bet relentlessly in position.

The fact is, there are a ton of flops that will be incredibly hard to play oop w/ a middle pp. Unless we can be quite sure we stack villain a good % of the time when we hit set, it might just be worth tossing.

That said, somthing just seems fundamentally wrong about folding TT in the CO to a 26/23 villain OTB and if we're really going to take that approach, TT HAS to be the top of our folding range right? Does the arguement extend to JJ?? What if he's a 24/20? 22/18? How much do we take into account our CO opening standards?

Bilbo San? You have any input here?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Call, just one time baby.

[/ QUOTE ]

So are you OK with the flop check here? is C/C &gt; B/F in a WA/WB situation? What if the turn is an offsuit 9? Offsuit deuce?
Old 09-09-2007, 03:23 AM

If he fires 2 barrels here with AK fine, he can have the pot

Usually if he has overs it's just gonna go check/check check check you win
Old 09-09-2007, 03:46 AM

This is yet another spot where "26/23/1.5" means just about nothing. You need reads on his postflop play and more specifically about his play in 3-bet pots / positional awareness / etc. There simply is no generic line that's going to be good in this spot. If you feel he's reraising you light preflop yet you don't know what you'd do on a flop like this, then you should fold preflop - since you do not have the implied odds to go set mining, overcards will come more than 50% of the time by the turn and you can't exactly be happy to flop an overpair with TT if he's willing to put lots of money in.