Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 08-23-2007, 08:50 PM

Default KT = teh nuts?

ok, 2 fun hands from my 15-30 limit game tonight, which might have been the last live limit session I'll play in a long while, basically, I love limit but limit doesn't love me back, I might still keep posting here bc it's fun, but perhaps it will be my last, dunno

we're playing short handed (6 atm) and we've got a couple of donks and a few decent TAG players at the table, villain just sat down, he seems to be a somehwat decent player, haven't decided yet, hero has been playing aggressive in position, attacking weak limpers and weak blinds and showing down solid hands, anyway it's folded to hero who raises KTo in the CO

SB calls and villain in the BB 3-bets, we both call

Flop: QJ7r

SB checks, BB bets, hero raises, SB folds, BB calls

Turn: Q

villain bets, which surprises me, and I tell him so as I call

River: 4

villain checks, hero ponders a bit, says out loud he's confused and proceeds to bet.... yes/no?

2nd hand: total donk open limps, hero raises KTs in the CO, villain calls OTB, limper calls

villain limps a bit too often, seems a bit passive, but plays a decent TAG game otherwise, haven't seen him get out of line

Flop: KJ8r

check, hero bets, villain raises, limper folds, hero calls

Turn: J, which gives me a flush draw

hero c/calls

River: 8 no flush

hero checks, villain bets, hero folds.... yes/no?

curious what you guys think, I'm gonna get wasted, gonna win a limit tourney tomorrow and concentrate on NL after that, no more limit for me, gl all!
Old 08-24-2007, 09:20 AM

Default Re: KT = teh nuts?

Hand 1: I think the villain might have a medium pair here like TT or 99. AK is also possible. Either way you aren't winning at showdown so I would fire the river.

Hand 2: I like a river fold here. The villain has a better hand about 95% of the time.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:25 PM

I agree, you have to bet river w/ no chance of winning showdown.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:24 PM

Just because you can't win at showdown doesn't mean you should bet.

-Michael
Old 08-24-2007, 02:33 PM

Even though you can't win a showdown in h1, I think you're getting called here too often to make a bet profitable.

hand 2- you're prob. outkicked, but I'd make a crying call against all but the most predictable getting 8-1.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:38 PM

Eh, I agree w/ checking now (lol), don't see you getting a fold here >>>1/6 times to justify a bet.
Old 08-24-2007, 05:59 PM

Hand #1, I don't think you can win without a bet, but I also don't think villain folds a better hand. Check behind.

Hand #2, I think once you've called the turn, you are good enough here often enough to call getting 8:1.
Old 08-24-2007, 07:31 PM

Hand 1: Easy check behind. His river check is a defensive one with the intent of calling. He doesn't fold here ever and prolly has a hand like TT, 99 or AJ.

Hand 2: C/r the turn, its just so unlikely for him to have a J and he'll put you on a J not a flush draw so you might be able to get him to fold a better K. As played I call the river and hope I'm good. He could certianly have a worse king here. FWIW against the player you described, I might even 3 bet the flop and go from there.