Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2007, 06:58 PM

Default I see how to datamine Ongame - anyone up for coding this?

Alright, I know very little about coding, but I got excited when I discovered the following, b/c it implies that it's theoretically *possible* to build a miner for Ongame (Hollywood, Pokerroom, etc) without screenscraping or anything, although just how to do it, I wouldn't have the faintest idea. Hope someone here is up to it. I'll pay (as would others i'm sure).

I used to think that there was no way to get observed-hand HHs on Ongame, but that's not actually true. You can open up any table, and clicke the "Prev hand #xxx" in the upper-right corner, and that will spawn a web browser that looks like the following:

As u can see, all of the action is shown there (and it even shows mucked hands!). And you can just click "Prevoius" to get the table's previous HH, or Next to move forward. So I really don't know what this means for actually *coding* a miner, but even if HH data isn't stored in the program's memory (which I understand is how some miners work), isn't there some sort of crawler that could be coded to just continuously hit "Previous" within the web browser, and cut and paste the relevant text into a .txt file, which could then be imported into PT? No, this isn't the most elegant solution, but it could be run while you slept and you'd wake up with a few thousands HHs that there's currently no other way to grab.

Good luck, gumshoes.