Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-23-2007, 05:19 PM

Default 66 in cutoff flops set vs LAG

I've been told I need to post more hands so to get in the spirit of things here goes. I don't have any notes on villains but BB is 19/13/2/181 and UTG is 52/17/0.7/136

First off was I correct to raise with 66 in the cutoff? I didn't expect BB to re-raise and was hoping to get heads up with UTG. This was in the midst of a recent big downswing and when i flopped the set on that board I thought 'Oh no, how much will i lose this time'.

Should I have re-raised the flop or go into call down mode and hope turn and river are blanks? It's hard to imagine i'm behind there but am i just building the pot for one of the other two to take, and is there any value in raising to protect your hand here? Cap looks like spew to me now!

Turn is obviously a scare card but with river i'm thinking it's time for flush or trips to pay me off. Can you really put anybody on a bigger boat here and just call the river?

Cryptologic
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
5 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (5 players) Hero is CO with 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, 2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero caps</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (9.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (12.25BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, <font color="#cc0000">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 18.25BB
<font color="#ffffff">UTG shows Js 8s</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 6d 6h</font>