Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2007, 01:44 AM

Default The solution to all our Tax problems??

I am a 20 year old Pissed off Poker Player.

I just recently began a surplus from online poker and now have to face the reality of paying taxes on gains. (Also I read that you must keep track of every single game you play, which sounds like a b*tch)

I am annoyed. I was allll excited from winning, at first, but after reading these msg boards discovered my tax dilemna. During this agitated state, I remembered a book my older brother, who has a passion for politics, gave me to read on the "Fairtax".

Fairtax is being proposed as a national sales tax and completely abolishes all other taxes-FEDERAL PERSONAL AND CORPORATE INCOME TAXES, gift, estate, capital gains, alternative minimum, Social Security, Medicare, and self-employment taxes.

After putting 2 and 2 together (pardon the pun), and because nobody is gonna keep me from my money, I realized the solution to my (and our) problem. The Fairtax.

The Fairtax system raises the national sales tax to 23 cents on the dollar, but is projected to cost about the same in taxes and possibly even lower.

Best of all-the fairtax will simplify a tax code that is miles longer than our own constitution. This would render the IRS to mashed potatoes.

I still believe that somehow the government must keep track of all the money earned so crime can't thrive and cause mass pandemonium.

If this law can function while keeping track of all U.S. money, I believe that this tax will remove our gains taxes. Poker, which can be found on three channels at once any time during the day, has a large enough player base to get this Fairtax ratified. It basically the new american past-time because baseball players are all cheaters.

If your interested in getting some more information, they have a website, www.fairtax.org. When I'm not as tired, I'll research and post presidential candidates who support this tax system.

This is for all those sharks out there, who've gotta get paid!