Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 05-27-2007, 02:05 PM

Default 10-25 top 2 at foxwoods

game is sort of breaking down after running for a few days and we're 4handed. lineup is myself (probably viewed as very TAG, i've been folding a lot bc of [censored] cards even though i'm doing my best to get in pots with frankie and the rich dude), frankie flowers (kinda crazy lag, though he's settled down a little since last time i played with him and he's not as bad), young guy named chris with a beanie hat and glasses, if u know him.. and some rich guy who bought in for $60k and calls way too much and tries to take down as many pots as he can when he sees the opportunity.

frankie makes it $75 utg (4handed), i make it $225 on the button with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. sb (rich guy with 60k) cold calls and frankie calls too. i have ~$8k and frankie has about 6k

flop (~$675) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
both check to me and i bet $475, sb thinks for a bit and then calls, frankie folds

turn (~1.6k) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
sb thinks for a bit and counts his chips and bets out $1k...
wtf are you putting him on here? i was confused...so naturally i called, good/bad? too read dependent?

river ($3.6k) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
sb checks...hero? thin value bet or just check it down here?
fwiw, i've never seen him get really tricky and c/r a river...dont really recall him c/r much at all on any streets either. i figured he could show up here with KK/QQ sometimes, JT, Jx, maybe 99/88... thoughts?
Old 05-27-2007, 02:10 PM

Default Re: 10-25 top 2 at foxwoods

I'd bet 2.2k
Old 05-27-2007, 02:25 PM

Old 05-27-2007, 02:39 PM

i probably raise the turn - calling's certainly safer, but whenever i see bad players do this stuff it's usually some draw that either wants to set his own price or something that picked up more outs on turn.

having gotten to the river this way, and holding the ace of clubs i probably ck behind. it feels criminal, and i don't know what other ace he can have - but he's never calling you with a jack - in fact i have a hard time finding any hand that you beat that he calls river with.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:45 PM

Given he's a weak player, his hand looks like qj/kj. Put a small bet out there, as greg said, about half pot.
Old 05-27-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet 2.2k

[/ QUOTE ]

check behind here. Are you value-bluffing this river, trying to sometimes get KK/QQ to fold and sometimes get called by QJ? It seems very awkward and it's much better to see a showdown here. Also, he could cr a draw that missed (given his turn action).

Betting isn't a huge mistake, but I think checking is by far a better option because you will have to fold to a river CR and he probably will fold hands you beat/call with better.
dlpnyc21
Old 05-27-2007, 03:12 PM

read the river card, we dont want kk/qq to fold, we have aces up
Old 05-27-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd bet 2.2k

[/ QUOTE ]

check behind here. Are you value-bluffing this river, trying to sometimes get KK/QQ to fold and sometimes get called by QJ? It seems very awkward and it's much better to see a showdown here. Also, he could cr a draw that missed (given his turn action).

Betting isn't a huge mistake, but I think checking is by far a better option because you will have to fold to a river CR and he probably will fold hands you beat/call with better.
dlpnyc21

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a total value bet against a weak, non-tricky player who's bound to call with a hand that beats nothing but a bluff. No way he plays a big hand like this. I also don't think he has a draw here. Given the description of "rich guy trying to take too many pots", something tells me he would do something goofy on the flop, and/or fire the river with a draw.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:16 PM

this is an ez bet imo. 2.2k. i guess you have a decision if he c/r's the river but you can probably lay it down pretty easy. live players dont crai bluff the river anyway do they?
Old 05-27-2007, 03:30 PM

I would also like to add this. After leading the turn and getting called, he isn't checking a hand on the river he knows is best. The only hand he could concievably have here given the action that has us beat is kq, and his check would signify genuine concern. If that's what he has he'd just call the 1800, never check raise. With that in mind, a bet has to be correct.

(the x factor is the fact that you posted this, which probably means he showed up with a monster here or something [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])