Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-26-2007, 05:17 AM

Default Patrick Antonius interview!!

There's a long interview with Patrick Antonius in a magazine called Pokernews, conducted/written up by Dave Goldstein in Monte Carlo. I couldn't see it on their website. Here is a snippet:

"Q: The question you are asked the most must probably be what is your bankroll.

A: There are two things that are secret: the deeper aspects of my personal life, and my bankroll. Even my fiance doesn't know exactly how much money I have. Obviously I'm doing fine. If you're playing the biggest games, you have to do fine. It's not a secret that I'm not broke at the moment. I don't count my money all the time, and when I did a few months ago, it turned out to be 2 million different than I thought, so I guess I don't even know what my bankroll is, or how much I'm worth, haha.

Q: Is it possible you'll ever go broke?

Yeah, sure. But I would have to lose my mind to go broke, I guess. I would never put myself in a position where I would play for my whole bankroll. If I have a million dollar bankroll, I would be playing in a game where I could lose a maximum of 70k or something.

At the moment it looks like it would be impossible to go broke, as I have some investments and money I just can't take out. I don't owe money to anybody, I don't have debts, my house is paid for. That's one thing I hate, and that is to owe people.

Q: Where do you see yourself in ten years from now? Still the best?

I doubt it very much. I'd almost guarantee that I won't be the best in ten years. There's gonna be so many good players in the future. I see so many talented players already, but all of them seem to have some kind of problem, I don't know. So many times they outplay me completely, in a one hour session. But in the long run, they end up doing stupid things or gamble too much. It's like they can't maintain that level of play.

I'm part of a new generation, of which the people have an athletic background. You have to be in really good shape to play the best game. Your mind has to be so clear to play, and in order to achieve that, you have to be in good shape.

At the moment, it seems like I'm so far ahead of others, especially since I play all the games. Because of that, I have much variance if I play one specific game."

I can scan the whole thing in on Monday if people are interesed.

I wonder if he's talking about Durr/Sbrugby?

Oh and sounds like he's worth $10m+ for sure.