Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-18-2006, 05:29 AM

Default .5-1 PLO8 hand, Whats a good flop line

I wasn't sure how to react to his flop raise, whether to call and see a turn or just push for FE. Or maybe try to see a cheap turn OOP and check the flop.

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
8 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is SB with :tc :jc :ah :2h
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls, Button folds, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises to $3</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: :5c :qc :kd ($13, 4 players)
[color=#cc0000]Hero bets $13</font>, UTG folds, [color=#cc0000]MP1 raises to $31</font>, CO folds, [color=#cc0000]Hero raises all-in $89</font>, MP1 calls.

Turn: :6c ($191, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $191)

River: :6d ($191, 1 player + 1 all-in - Main pot: $191)

Results:
Final pot: $191
Old 11-18-2006, 06:23 AM

Default Re: .5-1 PLO8 hand, Whats a good flop line

standard
Old 11-18-2006, 06:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wasn't sure how to react to his flop raise, whether to call and see a turn or just push for [b]call equity[b/]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-18-2006, 06:47 AM

while i think you misplayed this pretty bad in one or two spots, you were still lucky enough to get all your money in on the flop (as BBP alluded to).

the outcome is typical plo8 variance.

also fwiw, when he raises you on the flop, you're looking at a set (usually top set) a huge percentage of the time in these games. you have no fold equity against top set and rarely any fold equity against second set (esp. if they have a redraw).
Old 11-18-2006, 07:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
while i think you misplayed this pretty bad in one or two spots, you were still lucky enough to get all your money in on the flop (as BBP alluded to).

also fwiw, when he raises you on the flop, you're looking at a set (usually top set) a huge percentage of the time in these games. you have no fold equity against top set and rarely any fold equity against second set (esp. if they have a redraw).

[/ QUOTE ]

Which spots would you have played differnetly?

BTW: He had Ac2c3c6d
Old 11-18-2006, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, raising from OOP for a hand that will usually want to see the turn cheaply is the biggest problem, imho. the other problems are a byproduct of this raise.

did you happen to run the equities at twodimes.net? i'm curious. i also hope you added this guy to your "friends" list. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2006, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I very much dislike the raise preflop...you're OOP- why do you want to build a big pot here?

I guess since you raised preflop I don't mind the continuation bet on the flop, but it still seems as if you're being very aggressive, which isn't always a good thing in these loose low stakes games.

After he raises, I either call or fold if I'm getting proper odds. Your draw isn't good enough(especially with the flush draw out there) to re raise unless you have a very good read on him.
Old 11-19-2006, 08:24 AM

You had %56.9 percent EE on the flop.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:57 PM

About the comments about my raise OOP, It is infrequent for me to raise OOP like this (even though I only get AA2 in the SB) So what range do people raise OOP in a situation like this to build up a pot. Is it only AA2x for a PSR or is it a234 or TJQK? What are you willing to pump oop or is it always a check behind.
Old 11-21-2006, 02:21 AM

Assani I just had a question for you...Now I know you aren't drawing to the nut flush but as somebody who is a regular in the $100 buy-in games across sites it is VERY rare to see this move from somebody unless the flop was 2 low clubs and a high card...Usually people aren't that overly aggressive with just a nut flush draw on a board that has 2 high cards...

I believe it was Kuso who said he thought the guy had top set (or a set in general)...That would be my read on this situation (an incorrect one, but my read nonetheless) because it is RARE at this level to find people who won't play for their whole stack with just a naked set and no redraws...Hell I don't know how much money I have made at this level with people overplaying sets when they were a 2:1 EV dog...

I didn't run it on 2 dimes but I would suspect that if our OP was up against a set (with no redraws) he would have about 60-65% equity in the hand...