bet/3b 5 41.67%
check/raise 1 8.33%
bet/fold (NITS) 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2007, 11:54 PM

Default Re: STTF SNG->cash thread

Another hand from the same session.

Hero: $230

PF: Hero has K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

6 limpers, I limp from SB.

<font color="red"> Pot: 14 </font>
Flop:T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I check, UTG+1 bets 20, 2 callers. I call as well.

Turn: <font color="red"> Pot: 94</font>
Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check. Villain leads for 50 (he has $600).

Reads on villain are he is hyper aggressive, but hes not ignorant. He 3bet all in on the last hand with bottom pair on the river because he felt his opponent was betting a missed draw.

How would you have played this on the flop and turn? Plan for river?
Old 09-11-2007, 11:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You left your hand out. If you have better than AQ I'd just bet bet bet. I'd probably bet bet bet KQ for value too

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I have AA. I edited it now.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You left your hand out. If you have better than AQ I'd just bet bet bet. I'd probably bet bet bet KQ for value too

[/ QUOTE ]

Also, what are you betting first to act on this flop, knowing everyone has $250 or less minus 1 person.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:19 AM

I'd bet whatever I think will get called. My live experience tells me that smaller bets get called way more often than bigger bets and since there isn't really anything we're trying to protect against you can bet pretty much whatever you want.
Old 09-12-2007, 12:34 AM

Diamond, the K9s hand, I'd be trying to get allin on the flop. You have a boat load of equity vs. pretty much anything... You'll have the most equity on the flop, unless of course you hit the turn. The problem is when you hit, the board is going to be so scary that hands like 2 pair and sets are going to stop giving you action.
Old 09-12-2007, 01:23 AM

I was seriously considering a check raise, but I felt that check calling OOP against an aggressive LAG here would accomplish seeing if my draws complete at a discount, knowing there is a good chance he is firing on the turn if I checked again. Probably much better to take your line though.

I am ahead of majority of hands on this flop equity-wise, especially against this villain. I should have definetly played this more aggressively. Thanks wiggs
Old 09-12-2007, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so he would donk the turn and i could raise him

[/ QUOTE ]

god no, you gotta bet that flop
Old 09-12-2007, 09:10 AM

DL:

1. AA HAND

You said this already, but I'll restate it because you should have known better at the time (given even just the hands we've played at Foxwoods together).

RERAISE MORE PREFLOP

You saw that people will call just about anything preflop so why are you bumping it so little? Hell, you saw four people call my reraise to $150 in a virtually identical situation last time we were there. There's $63 in there already before you have acted. You should be going up to at least $100 there and maybe a touch more.

After the flop, bet $225. It's pretty much a pot-sized bet and would put anyone at the table (except the one guy that had you covered - you didn't mention if he was one of the people who stayed in) all in.

2. K9s

Wiggs is right that you should be trying to get all in on this hand. If the opponent you're talking about is aggressive enough to raise you if you open, then open and let him bump it up. If you don't think he'll raise, your thought about check-raising is right on and should work perfectly.

3. BOTH HANDS

From the descriptions and explanations you gave, it sounds like you're still being too tentative in your play at these tables. In both hands you have monsters but are playing them very timidly - you have the opportunity to get a bunch of money in with the nuts in the first hand and a monster draw in the second. Instead of getting your money in when you have the clear edge, you back off the throttle and end up in these awkward situations.

When a nit like me is telling you to man up, you know you're playing too passively. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Live 1/2 NL @ Anywhere . Table is full of terrible players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standard [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

hand 1 - with all the people in the pot already raise more PF

hand 2 - c/r the flop as everyone said.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DL:

When a nit like me is telling you to man up, you know you're playing too passively. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha this is too true, thank you