Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Am I blind or is there really no Kobe to Dallas thread???

Chad Johnson: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifeJ_...ed&search=
Old 10-17-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yes Kobe is going to Dallas for Howard, Terry and 2 future #30 first round picks... RIIIIIGHT. Even if this would work under the salary cap (which I doubt) this makes no sense for the Lakers.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why would so many people be talking about this if it didn't work under the cap? Why do you doubt that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Kobe: $19.5M

JHoward: $9.0M (for 3+1)
Terry: $8.3M (for 5 years!)

It's legal in the cap sense, but still beyond ridiculous in the real-world sense unless you want to argue that Kupchak is being paid covertly by Dallas or has some other vested interest in gifting them a championship.

And yes, you got lucky. Some radio guy makes up a trade rumor, Kobe misses practice, and the sensationalist media goes to town. Zero chance
Old 10-17-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And yes, you got lucky. Some radio guy makes up a trade rumor, Kobe misses practice, and the sensationalist media goes to town. Zero chance

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really confused here. What did I "get lucky about"? I woke up yesterday and heard from several people that all they were talking about all day long on the radio was Kobe being traded to Dallas. So I brought it up here. Regardless of whether it happens or not, I thought it'd be interesting to discuss. What "luck" are you talking about? I'm lucky that Dallas radio has now started talking about it?? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-17-2007, 03:36 PM

Chad Johnson>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>>>>>>>>>>& gt;>>>>>>>>>>>&gt ;>>>Gilbert Arenas
Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 PM

Rumour has it the Raptors are going to offer Nesterovic, Kris Humphries, Jose Calderon and Kapono for Kobe. I don't really like the trade because Kobe is the most selfish person alive I heard he announced negative infinity to this question
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Also whenever I'm in Toronto I see the other guys helping old ladies cross the street, saving kittens from trees, performing citizens arrests on criminals etc.
Old 10-17-2007, 03:56 PM

Kobe will help old ladies cross the street if they're hot and young. They don't even need to be willing!
Old 10-17-2007, 05:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rumour has it the Raptors are going to offer Nesterovic, Kris Humphries, Jose Calderon and Kapono for Kobe. I don't really like the trade because Kobe is the most selfish person alive I heard he announced negative infinity to this question
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...;gonew=1#UNREAD
Also whenever I'm in Toronto I see the other guys helping old ladies cross the street, saving kittens from trees, performing citizens arrests on criminals etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you don't like that trade, you are not a Raptors fan. Unfortunately (for you), neither is Mitch Kuptchak.

I think a trade of Howard/someone else besides Terry is fine. Howard is young, a beast at small forward, and is the type of player who solidifies championship runs. The Lakers aren't going to win a championship anyway, so they might as well make a deal to the team that will give them the strongest rebuilding options + marketable players. Unfortunately, the Mavericks are a perfectly calculated unit whose whole is much greater than the sum of its parts. They don't have anyone viable besides Howard to offer.

That leaves Chicago and Phoenix, IMO. Chicago is [censored] re: salary cap limitations. It's one of those rare paradoxes where having an underpaid squad of young, talented players leaves you in a sticky spot. Can't win more than 47 games and trading for a big star cripples your line up. Here's hoping those baby Bulls get one of their good young players to be a star.

Anyway, most likely, the Lakers don't care about Ben Wallace, and the Bulls aren't going to give up the rest of their starting line up for Kobe. I mean, if the Bulls give up Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, and Nocioni/Tryus Thomas, they basically accomplish nothing.

That leaves Phoenix, who should be on the phone right now. I mean, is this team perfectly suited to pick up Bryant or what? Phoenix should put up a package that includes Barbosa/Bell/Marion for Kobe. That looks like close 19 mil to me, the Lakers would probably be pleased because they are getting plenty of talent and marketability, and Nash + Kobe + Stoudamaire = 3 rings in 3 years.

I'd almost be willing to trade Stoudamaire + Bell + Barbosa for Kobe. But, it's closer, because I feel very strongly about Stoudamaire's upside - he averaged 25 ppg against Lakers/San Antonio in playoffs last year and had the Spurs/refs not cheated in game 4, I think the Suns would have had about a ~60% of winning the series (and, basically, the championship) last year.

Someone is gonna say "blah blah, but Lakers and Suns are in same division," but really who cares. First, the Lakers will think they can match up well with Odom, Marion, Barbosa, Walton, and Bynum as their starters. That could actually be true. Secondly, the team is still young. And, you can play those players and make a deal in 2008. And a huge free agent class is right around the corner.

Barry
Old 10-17-2007, 05:43 PM

Lakers need to get the most for Kobe regardless if it means trading him to someone in the division.

Marion+Barbosa+Bell+1st round pick would be a sweet deal for Kobe...hopefully Kerr has a brain and gets a deal done..despite all the tards saying Kobe isn't someone I want to have a beer with blah blah blah
Old 10-17-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
despite all the tards saying Kobe isn't someone I want to have a beer with blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, this tard hopes that the Jesuit priests from your high school alma mater never get wind of you selling your soul like this.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
despite all the tards saying Kobe isn't someone I want to have a beer with blah blah blah

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, this tard hopes that the Jesuit priests from your high school alma mater never get wind of you selling your soul like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

tuq u realize Nash is pretty freaking old right?

You really think Barbosa/Diaw/Bell/Amare is gonna be a winning formula once Nash is gone? Not like we are ever gonna use any of our draft picks with Sarver as our owner.

Kobe is the best player in the game. He makes us the front runner to win it all. He is also someone that can keep the Suns from falling apart once Nash retires/is injured 24/7.

I'd rather have Kobe and be relevant for the next 5-7 years then not get Kobe, and lose to the Spurs or Mavs in the conf. finals the next two years then barely make the playoffs after that.
Closed Thread