Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Golf

Old 09-03-2007, 07:24 PM

Default Re: Deutche Bank Championship

Mickelson moves into #2 in the world golf rankings.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:45 PM

Nice win for Phil in an injury plagued and tough year-- although it seems weird referring to 3 wins, $6mil, several top 10s as a "tough year."
Old 09-03-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I wonder what Phil wants from the commish. Better buffets?

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole layout with 4 in a row, planned at the last minute, sandwiched between the PGA and Presidents cup is really asinine. Next year is worse with the Ryder Cup. They need to space this out and there's zero reason it can't have a week break in the middle, or more reasonable scheduling. Phil is right to complain. And the 10m annuity is super lame too. Pony up the cash.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And the 10m annuity is super lame too. Pony up the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I don't get this. We've been force-fed FED EX this and FED EX that for eight months now, and the best the Tour is willing to do is an annuity in the future?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

he wins and the haters still find a way.

lol i get it, better buffets because he's not jacked like Tigroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you see his interview? He clearly wants something and clearly still has bitch [censored]. Of course us haters are going to take a shot at the guy. He did play [censored] awesome though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, he clearly wants something? Read Clarkmeister's post and it'll make sense to you.

If Tiger says the sames thing Phil does, you'd be sucking his dick even harder for "not being afraid to speak his mind about the commissioner."
Old 09-03-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
how about everyone stop for a second and realize that we just witnessed what everyone* wants...the two best golfers going head to head in the final round of a big tournament. Sure it'd be better at the Master or US Open, but whatever.

I mean everyone as in everyone who isn't a d-bag or Tiger/Phil nuthugger.

[/ QUOTE ]

They were going head to head? Looked like Phil was actually playing and Tiger was just [censored] around.

[/ QUOTE ]

was this comment honestly made to belittle Phil's win today?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you'd be sucking his dick even harder

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that even possible? Does the Dids Super Sucker 3000 "go to 11"?
Old 09-03-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The whole layout with 4 in a row, planned at the last minute, sandwiched between the PGA and Presidents cup is really asinine. Next year is worse with the Ryder Cup. They need to space this out and there's zero reason it can't have a week break in the middle, or more reasonable scheduling. Phil is right to complain. And the 10m annuity is super lame too. Pony up the cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember there was also a WGC the week before the PGA. I would guess he also wants the Tour Championship if not also the BMW played on the West Coast at least every other year. I mean, East Lake is hardly considered a classic course nor Atlanta a great sports town, right?

And I know there's been a lot of grumbling about the choice of Cog Hill, where Tiger's won three times, but to be fair it's widely known that Tiger hates Westchester. On a related note, they have to start rotating the Bridgestone out of Firestone, FFS.
Old 09-03-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On a related note, they have to start rotating the Bridgestone out of Firestone, FFS.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ugh that course is so boring, zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I hated playing it on Links LS. Oh look, another 460 yard straightaway par 4, yay! Space your only two par 5s like 14 holes apart, yeah that makes it suck even more. Flat as a ten-year-old girl's chest, no character whatsoever save for numbers 3 and 16 (and number three mostly because of the pond, but primarily because it was a nearly impossible hole to play in Links LS due to an invisible tree that you would hit and drop down into the water).

Boo to traditional, boring courses like that and Oakland Hills. Traditional courses don't all suck though - Oakmont rules.
Old 09-03-2007, 09:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point.

I'm not a Phil fan but props to him today for playing like Tiger usually does - Making all the key putts, getting up and down from everywhere, and stepping up when the competition gets closer. In effect, Phil Tigered Tiger today, so good on him.

Some observations.

1. Nobody will ever comment on Phil not laying up on 18 ever again, because the announcers and analysts are so outcome based. Phil got a birdie, so end of story. If Phil pars and loses in a playoff (hypothetical), then the media would be all over him. I'm neutral on whether it was a good or bad play, and I would stay that way regardless of the outcome.

2. Phil needs to stop spewing his guts and then saying he doesn't want to talk about it..

A. "Butch gave me a few pointers on what to look for from Tiger."
Would you like to share these, Phil.
"No, I'll keep them to myself."

B. I may not play next week because I committed to the Commisioner that I would play all 4 if he did a couple of things, and he didn't."
Would you like to share what these things were?
"I'd rather not say."

I mean come on Phil.. especially the last one. If you are going to out the commish, at least fully man-up about it. If it was important enough to bring-up, then it was important enough to fully explain.

This is especially disappointing from Phil, who, as we all know, plans very carefully what he is going to and not going to say to the media. He should have told the commsioner that after this tourney he is not going to play the 3rd event, and that he is going to tell people exactly why when asked.