View Poll Results: Would you rather
die 66 49.62%
have the person you care most about die 67 50.38%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 10:47 PM

Default Re: Random discussion crap - Summer \'07 edition

Just discovered Taj Mahal.

Holy [censored]. I think Queen Bee is my new favorite song. I've listened to it about ten times in a row.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:02 AM

I've been going to Commerce a lot more lately. I sat down at the Stud game and I was the only guy that's younger than 60 I think (I'm 21). They told me don't play if I don't know how to, which I didn't, and when they cleaned me out they told me to GTFO. I was confused.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:11 AM

I'm going back to school after taking some time off. Yeah, I know, it's summer, but I've taken enough time as it is and I don't feel right taking more. Trying to find a couple of weekly home games to play in and other than that all my time'll be spent digging up records and sampling. I'm gonna try and keep myself busy as possible over the summer, and hopefully spend as much time outside during the day as I can so I can enjoy the nice weather.
Old 06-08-2007, 01:16 PM

My three month old son has recently started smiling and laughing when I do silly stuff with him. I finally understand why people have kids.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:03 PM

sam,

That's awesome.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 PM

I will probably have a job working for my uncle for woodside capital partners. Will involve mostly reading and research done at home a few hours a day. Some database entry grunt work, but not too much. In exchange for this I get to participate in phone calls, meetings, etc. Will not be paid but will hopefully learn if I like doing what he does. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2007, 11:40 AM

ED,
I think it's time for our third city for favorite things to do or places. I nominate LA or the general So Cal area (So you would include SD and go as north as Santa Barbara maybe?)
Old 06-09-2007, 11:51 AM

Update: in addition to seeing Ocean's 13 in a few hours, I've just found out that there is a Five Guys a few minutes away from the theater. Northern Va. 2+2ers have been singing the praises of this joint for a while, and this is one of their first NJ locations. TR to follow.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will probably have a job working for my uncle for woodside capital partners. Will involve mostly reading and research done at home a few hours a day. Some database entry grunt work, but not too much. In exchange for this I get to participate in phone calls, meetings, etc. Will not be paid but will hopefully learn if I like doing what he does. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ja - I did this for one summer when I was in college. I hooked up with two private equity managers. They were small beans, but one of the guys went to B.C. with dudes like Brian Leetch, Craig Janney (both hockey guys) and Bill Romanowski. So I got to shoot the [censored] with them on a fairly regular basis (since they were always calling the office to bust the other guy's balls). Despite the anger and drug issues, Romo is a really nice guy.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
suzzer,

I read that earlier which led me to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damien_Hirst

[/ QUOTE ]

When the Body World exhibit was here in chicago at the field museum I went to see it. It was really cool actually, I suggest that if its in your city you make time to go check it out.

http://www.bodyworlds.com/en.html

and an interesting find in the body worlds wikipedia page under "competitors":

One Australian company's exhibition, 'The Amazing Human Body' inadvertantly raised awareness of the practice in China of using executed prisoners' remains without informed consent. There is virtually no waiting list for organ transplant in China. The company's exhibits are from China.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_worlds
Closed Thread