Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 06-06-2007, 04:32 PM

Default Re: What\'s my hand look like to a 5/10 regular?

first, i don't play 5-10. that said, i don't think you should call pre-flop without a decent hand since you don't have a read on the villain, and don't have the knowledge to outplay him post flop based on having position. advanced plays without reads is fps.

i think villain most likely has an overpair, and if he is decent, then he should assume you know that. i would put you on either qt or some missed draw or air. if you believe that villain has an overpair, then you would likely bet any other legitimate hand on the turn to build a pot.

if you are trying to run this hand as a bluff, you need to be deeper and should be betting the turn as it increases the range of legitimate hands you can have and also builds the pot so that it is worth trying to bluff the river.

but to be honest, i don't play this particular game, so don't know what is typical of opponents, etc. i'm basing this on more general experience.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Re: What\'s my hand look like to a 5/10 regular?

I was thinking you had something like AJ or TT, til the river shove. The shove was kinda sketchy, since I think a set raises that flop a lot, but I could certainly see you making this play with JJJ or 888. I'm not sure if u r one to float pre w/ suited connectors, but a hand like 78s could be considered (tho I'd doubt it). For the most part, this hand seems like 8's full or a total bluff.

The calling range is more interesting. I'm probably mucking AJ here and probably QQ. KK/AA I think have to call just based on the fact that this line was kinda sketchy. I will say that if Sam had lead the turn and u shoved then, I almost certainly lay KK or AA. IDK, I'm kinda tight with overpairs tho.