Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 10-31-2007, 02:22 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

[ QUOTE ]
2 General Tips

In games where its a race to the rockets (Narrows, The Pit): Begin pressing forward on the controller before the game actually begins so you are immediately moving when the game starts.

[/ QUOTE ]

IMO, an even better strategy is to not race for the rockets - but go for whoever's going for the rockets. Especially on the Pit, pick up a BR and needler on your way to the rockets and you can just mow down people, or sneak behind the other team using the camo that spawns in the adjacent hallway and take them out from behind.

It's a bit harder on narrows, but even there a well timed frag grenade + single BR shot = dead rocket runner. It's also a good time to grab a mauler or shotty, go under the passage and get behind the enemy as they all rush for the rockets.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Got Xbox gold recently (kids wanted it). Never played online before, but I've finished Halo 1 and 2 on the hard difficulty (not the uber-hard though) and finished Halo 3 fairly easily on normal. I figured I wouldn't completely suck.

Nooo...owned by freaking noobs. Multiplayer combat is nothing like the game. I freaking hate not having mouse/keyboard control. Targeting is so hard without it. In the game I could snipe quite a bit, even with the basic gun, to make up for it as enemies weren't real mobile. Sniping is damn near impossible in multiplayer though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Campaign is basically practice for online. If you like the campaign though you can play that online w/ friends too. I've gotten a bunch of skulls from randomly joining friends playing the campaign.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do these skulls do?
Old 10-31-2007, 03:59 PM

unlocks achievements and I think some armor options. The achievements are reflected in your gamer profile.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Got Xbox gold recently (kids wanted it). Never played online before, but I've finished Halo 1 and 2 on the hard difficulty (not the uber-hard though) and finished Halo 3 fairly easily on normal. I figured I wouldn't completely suck.

Nooo...owned by freaking noobs. Multiplayer combat is nothing like the game. I freaking hate not having mouse/keyboard control. Targeting is so hard without it. In the game I could snipe quite a bit, even with the basic gun, to make up for it as enemies weren't real mobile. Sniping is damn near impossible in multiplayer though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Campaign is basically practice for online. If you like the campaign though you can play that online w/ friends too. I've gotten a bunch of skulls from randomly joining friends playing the campaign.

[/ QUOTE ]

What do these skulls do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well there are certain achievements throughout the game that unlock things like new armor and such (same w/ skulls). One of the achievements is getting a certain amount of points on the campaign. The skulls make the game harder, but in return give you more points to get the achievements easier. The skulls do things like take your radar out, start w/ 1/2 shields, start w/ 1/2 clips, etc... The skulls can be turned on or off before starting a level.
Old 10-31-2007, 04:34 PM

Finally found a skull - iron on the first level, and it's made getting the 15k point achievements pretty easy... Just a matter of never dying once. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2007, 01:13 PM

1 Brute shotgun + melee. Best advice I've read here.

I think its better than dual wielding the shotties because it leaves one hand free for grenades/power-ups. So effective on the smaller maps.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I think its better than dual wielding the shotties because it leaves one hand free for grenades/power-ups. So effective on the smaller maps.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very affective with shotgun but can't seem to get the brute working for me. Does it have a different range than the shotgun?
Old 11-04-2007, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I am very affective with shotgun but can't seem to get the brute working for me. Does it have a different range than the shotgun?

[/ QUOTE ]

It has basically the same range as the human shotgun, just make sure you are close enough to bash right after you shoot them (just like should be done with the reg shotgun).
Old 11-05-2007, 06:29 PM

Anyone know where I can find images of the maps with the location of the weapon spawns?
Old 11-05-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone know where I can find images of the maps with the location of the weapon spawns?

[/ QUOTE ]
I have looked all over for this and came up with little to nothing. I really want to know were the shotgun starts on the snow level.